Mounted Napoleonic French Officers help (1 Viewer)

Colebraden2011

Private 1st Class
I was just wondering if anybody can help me out finding mounted french infantry officers or character/ staff characters for the napoleonic wars in 54mm. I know Italeri has their command set. What other makers make mounted french officers? I am interested in plastic, model/ figure kits, or metals. Or, if anybody has any conversion ideas, I can (kind of) work with greenstuff and an exacto knife and would appreciate any suggestions. I am going to hack up a bunch of timpo napoleon figures and see what I can come up with but I can only do so much with that pose. Thanks for any advice!

Look up Starlux on ebay and see whats there. Older French company, a lot of late 70's through 80's production, very nice figures.

Jean Hoeffler and Dulcop made mounted officers.100_1254 (800x599).jpg
This is a Dulcop on a generic horse. He doesn't fit the horse too well and I had to paint on the furniture. But a little green stuff could fix both of those problems.
100_1274 (800x599).jpg
The Jean are more of Germanic armies than French but with some paint they could be made to look enough like any Napoleonic officer.

Also just remembered that Café Storme was a hard plastic giveaway if France. There were quite a few figures from the Napoleonic era. I have some that were mounted that look like they could be officers. Try googling Café Storme figures and see what you get.

Timpo did a French mounted officer in bicorne type hat - I think depicted as Bonaparte himself, but it passes for a line field officer and can easily be given headswaps to wear a shako etc...and fits most 54mm size horses

Regards
Dave

Timpo did a French mounted officer in bicorne type hat - I think depicted as Bonaparte himself, but it passes for a line field officer and can easily be given headswaps to wear a shako etc...and fits most 54mm size horses

Regards
Dave

That "Napoleon" figure works of an number of eras with the right head swop.

Paris1871a.JPG

Thanks for the tips gentlemen. I looked up the starlux and cafe storm. Starlux look good but mostly seem to be 65mm. I couldn't find too many cafe storm figures. Middleguard, your painted guys look great and Scott, one would be hard pressed to determine that the civil war head doesn't belong on the napoleon figure! Good job. Here are a couple timpo napoleonic guys I've converted so far. Ney and Murat.
CTA 2.jpg
marshal ney.jpg
murat2.jpg
murat 3.jpg
murat.jpg

I have 7 more to convert so I figure I can do a Napoleon and a bunch of other officers. I'll post some when I get to them. some day. haha. Again, thank you all for the advice! And look forward to more advice!

I was just wondering if anybody can help me out finding mounted french infantry officers or character/ staff characters for the napoleonic wars in 54mm. I know Italeri has their command set. What other makers make mounted french officers? I am interested in plastic, model/ figure kits, or metals. Or, if anybody has any conversion ideas, I can (kind of) work with greenstuff and an exacto knife and would appreciate any suggestions. I am going to hack up a bunch of timpo napoleon figures and see what I can come up with but I can only do so much with that pose. Thanks for any advice!

As you're in north America - have a look at All The Kings Men web-site. Ken has some hi-bred mounted Napoleonic 54mm Kits at very reasonable cost - as the horse is plastic - and the riders are in metal. Apparently, they won't last long - as when all are gone, there won't be any more.

Lots of other stuff too, like canons etcetera. Have a look - good web-site. jb

As you're in north America - have a look at All The Kings Men web-site. Ken has some hi-bred mounted Napoleonic 54mm Kits at very reasonable cost - as the horse is plastic - and the riders are in metal. Apparently, they won't last long - as when all are gone, there won't be any more.

Lots of other stuff too, like canons etcetera. Have a look - good web-site. jb

Johnnybach,
I actually just ordered a bunch of heads and a flag bearer from Ken over at ATKM a week or so ago. I'm working on turning some Wurtemburg Jagers into French line infantry and some Marx cavalry that comes with the grenadier set into French Grenadier a cheval. I just started painting the line infantry today so hopefully will have them done soon. I have not looked at officers or mounted fellows lately so thank you for reminding me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back