"MY FAVOURITE DIO"Sunday (1 Viewer)

Here is my 3rd favourite one, a vignette that will always remain part of my personal collection
guy:)
H.T.1.12.07 001.jpg

Another interesting topic, Guy.

I've already shared a few DAK dioramas in the N. Africa topic, so let me try some others, starting with my most appreciated, my Kriegsmarine dio which took a few years to build/collect:

Kriegsmarine Diorama (July 2017) by Western Outlaw, on Flickr

Kriegsmarine Port with Building (1) by Western Outlaw, on Flickr

Kriegsmarine Port with Building (2) by Western Outlaw, on Flickr

Kiegsmarine Port by Western Outlaw, on Flickr

Trouble at the Wharf by Western Outlaw, on Flickr

The Arrival (sepia) by Western Outlaw, on Flickr

Commando Raid (3) by Western Outlaw, on Flickr

Commando Raid (11) by Western Outlaw, on Flickr

I have seen that little two piece dock set before , but who makes it or where do you get it? the dock really sets off your diorama nicely

I have seen that little two piece dock set before , but who makes it or where do you get it? the dock really sets off your diorama nicely
Hi,
Just an old Lemax Christmas set that I've had for over 10 years - seemed to work well for the scene. Thanks.

Hard to pick just one, This horse drawn cart scene is a favorite for me.

Wayne

Attachments

• DSCN3999.JPG
    DSCN3999.JPG
    257.3 KB · Views: 246
Good one Wayne, I have that wagon, never thought about using it like this, but it works well. Robin.

Hi Guys,

Here, as promised, are three of my favourite diorama / displays from Gordon... from a few years back...

Best wishes and enjoy!
Andy

20170716_01_resize.jpg

20170716_02_resize.jpg

20170716_03_resize.jpg

Good one Wayne, I have that wagon, never thought about using it like this, but it works well. Robin.

These wagons were in use in the medical department of the German army till the end of the war
I attach a drawing of a captured ( by the Americans) medical column in Normandy / end of july 1944
as you can see, lots and lots of carts
guy
scannen0004.jpg

Incredible Andy! These are so cool. Gordon's work is superb.

Although this one doesn't have landscaping, I've always been partial to this dio/collection of items. Has provided me a lot of N. Africa inspiration over the last few years.

King & Country Desert Rats by Western Outlaw, on Flickr

My own:

Rommel's Desert Compound by Western Outlaw, on Flickr

Afrikakorps Diorama by Western Outlaw, on Flickr

Afrikakorps Outpost by Western Outlaw, on Flickr

DAK Desert Compound by Western Outlaw, on Flickr

Arbet Asud (Village of the Four Lions) by Western Outlaw, on Flickr

Desert Outpost (1) by Western Outlaw, on Flickr

The Infiltrator by Western Outlaw, on Flickr

Desert Outpost (12) by Western Outlaw, on Flickr

I took the pics a long time ago but have always enjoyed them, not large diorama photos but still decent little scenes.

000_0155.jpg

Helping a buddy

000_0090.jpg

That's a tough one. I think I would have to go with one of these three: Gordon's "Raiders of the Lost Ark" North African Airfield (being raided by the SAS and LRDG); Gordon's Saracen Castle; or all of the back lot buildings on a custom K&C European diorama base (which I requested based on the Streets of Hong Kong version) with a Silk Road Gateway as the Village Gate of Eindoven during Operation Market Garden.

Attachments

• Dioramas 23.jpg
    Dioramas 23.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 153
  • Dioramas 22.jpg
    Dioramas 22.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 154
  • Dioramas 20.jpg
    Dioramas 20.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 155
  • Dioramas 16.jpg
    Dioramas 16.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 154
  • Dioramas 15.jpg
    Dioramas 15.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
That's a tough one. I think I would have to go with one of these three: Gordon's "Raiders of the Lost Ark" North African Airfield (being raided by the SAS and LRDG); Gordon's Saracen Castle; or all of the back lot buildings on a custom K&C European diorama base (which I requested based on the Streets of Hong Kong version) with a Silk Road Gateway as the Village Gate of Eindoven during Operation Market Garden.

Hi Louis,
Great to see all those very special dioramas again...Thankyou for posting them...
Happy, happy memories! All the best from Andy & Gordon.

Careful Louis, Andy may have regrets and want these one of kind diorama's back for his own collection.^&grin, Robin.

My favourite dio is by far the Desert Village series with the walled fort ( partial fort - praying that Andy will roll out corner towers so that a real fort can be assembled )....:cool::cool::cool:
These sturdy and very detailed buildings and walls are a best-seller .....and how flexible they are...going from the Roman times all the way to WW1/WW2 - as well as the modern Israeli times, passing by the Foreign Legion and British Expeditions to the Middle East.....

Attachments

• IMG_1002.JPG
    IMG_1002.JPG
    161.2 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_0993.JPG
    IMG_0993.JPG
    174.4 KB · Views: 96
  • 296.JPG
    296.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 95
  • 295.JPG
    295.JPG
    104 KB · Views: 93
  • 255.JPG
    255.JPG
    107.8 KB · Views: 92
My favourite dio is by far the Desert Village series with the walled fort ( partial fort - praying that Andy will roll out corner towers so that a real fort can be assembled )....:cool::salute:::salute::
These sturdy and very detailed buildings and walls are a best-seller .....and how flexible they are...going from the Roman times all the way to WW1/WW2 - as well as the modern Israeli times, passing by the Foreign Legion and British Expeditions to the Middle East.....

Attachments

• IMG_0985.JPG
    IMG_0985.JPG
    174.2 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_0939.JPG
    IMG_0939.JPG
    205.1 KB · Views: 103
  • 251.JPG
    251.JPG
    110.4 KB · Views: 107
  • 219.JPG
    219.JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 106
  • 174.JPG
    174.JPG
    103.9 KB · Views: 112
Careful Louis, Andy may have regrets and want these one of kind diorama's back for his own collection.^&grin, Robin.

I'm not worried, Gordon makes so many fantastic dioramas, and I only have about 17 or 18 of the hundreds K&C has made over the years!{sm4} I'm sure they have many in the K&C archives and the K&C stores in Hong Kong and San Antonio which outshine mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back