My new Arnhem Radio Jeep and other figures arrived today . . . (1 Viewer)

Louis Badolato

Lieutenant General
. . . and they are excellent!:cool::cool: I got the Radio Jeep, the Mortar Team, the camera man and the "captured" sets, and they look great, especially set next to the 1995-1998 figures in the same poses (the Para Jeep, which has a radio man in the back, the original "captured" set and the original mortar team - there was no earlier camera man).

I got all the above this week and am waiting for the radio jeep to come in next week. Great sets and am looking forward to more Arnhem sets to be released.

The Market Garden sets are by far the best figures released......

Thats my opinion........:)

I like the new Arnhem stuff but, still prefer my early sets I just think they cannot be beaten. Its interesting looking at the new sets and seeing where the company is going in terms of new moulds based on the old ones so, I am hopeful that we will be seeing some of the ranking personality figures from both sides another command conference with Horrocks et al and, it would be nice to see Bitrich and say Model or other SS commanders.

Will still collect what comes out but, personally, my original arnhem sets, from all the Figures that I have from all makers are the top of my collection.

I like the new Arnhem stuff but, still prefer my early sets I just think they cannot be beaten. Its interesting looking at the new sets and seeing where the company is going in terms of new moulds based on the old ones so, I am hopeful that we will be seeing some of the ranking personality figures from both sides another command conference with Horrocks et al and, it would be nice to see Bitrich and say Model or other SS commanders.

Will still collect what comes out but, personally, my original arnhem sets, from all the Figures that I have from all makers are the top of my collection.

I have all of the original Arnhem sets, and all the wood, metal and resin vehicles made to go with them, and I agree, they are some of my favorites. AN01, the first Arnhem set, was probably the single most important set in the history of matt toy soldier collecting, as it launched the entire present 1:30 scale matt industry.

That being said, the new figures are clearly superior in sculpting and posing to those classic sets. Andy and the K&C team should be very proud of both the innovations in the original Arnhem sets and the consistent improvements of quality in their present releases.:cool::cool:

Operation Market Garden is going well, but where the hell is that radio jeep and mortar team in support of the bridge capture?

Attachments

• PA310058.jpg
    PA310058.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 412
Operation Market Garden is going well, but where the hell is that radio jeep and mortar team in support of the bridge capture?

Nice layout mate!

Any chance of a couple more pics of the buildings, and especially the bridge?
Been toying with the idea of making a bridge. I reckon I could just get a full scale one in the living room. Of course, it would only last as long as it takes for the divorce proceedings to come through, but.....;)

Simon

Nice layout mate!

Any chance of a couple more pics of the buildings, and especially the bridge?
Been toying with the idea of making a bridge. I reckon I could just get a full scale one in the living room. Of course, it would only last as long as it takes for the divorce proceedings to come through, but.....;)

Simon

Hope this gives you some ideas. The buildings are from Build-a-Rama. The bridge I picked up from a model shop stocking railway products, cannot remember the brand, but good size for this scale.

Attachments

• PA310061.jpg
    PA310061.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 311
  • PA310056.jpg
    PA310056.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 294
  • PA310055.jpg
    PA310055.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 313
Another shot of the bridge, previously used for my 1/18 scale collection, but better for 54mm.

Attachments

• P5050002.jpg
    P5050002.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 227
Cheers for the photos!
I've been looking at model rail bridges for something similar. It looks a good compromise of size vs space.
I'll keep on the lookout.

Simon

I got all the above this week and am waiting for the radio jeep to come in next week. Great sets and am looking forward to more Arnhem sets to be released.

The Market Garden sets are by far the best figures released......

Thats my opinion........:)

I have to agree, MG is my favourite series too and IMO I think they are K&C's best. They are the main reason I got back into this hobby. My interests have continually changed over time but Arnhem is the one series that hasn't,its constant.....always my favourite and I never tire of them. In fact its the one series I'm a completist. I'm surprised we don't see more collections/diorama pics on this forum. That bridge is a cool achievement and serves as a great backdrop for the MG series. :cool: Due to its size I doubt we'll ever see a 1/30 replica of the bridge.....maybe one section?????? Hint...hint....hint ;)

Wonderful display of a great series! I must admit it is also one of my favorites. I guess for me its the tie-in with "A Bridge to Far" which I never cease to enjoy viewing.

One of our members has the Original Arnhem Bridge Andy made for the Arnhem release, perhaps he will post a few pictures one day of that beauty!

It is very impressive, to say the least!

Wonderful display of a great series! I must admit it is also one of my favorites. I guess for me its the tie-in with "A Bridge to Far" which I never cease to enjoy viewing.

One of our members has the Original Arnhem Bridge Andy made for the Arnhem release, perhaps he will post a few pictures one day of that beauty!

It is very impressive, to say the least!

How many of the Original Arnhem Bridge were made ?

.....or was it a one off for OTSN Chicago 1995 ?

It would be nice to see some shots this.

Raymond.:)

I have to agree, MG is my favourite series too and IMO I think they are K&C's best. They are the main reason I got back into this hobby. My interests have continually changed over time but Arnhem is the one series that hasn't,its constant.....always my favourite and I never tire of them. In fact its the one series I'm a completist. I'm surprised we don't see more collections/diorama pics on this forum. That bridge is a cool achievement and serves as a great backdrop for the MG series. :cool: Due to its size I doubt we'll ever see a 1/30 replica of the bridge.....maybe one section?????? Hint...hint....hint ;)

I'm working on a Market Garden diorama at the moment :D
I would like to see a Seventeen pounder gun & crew next + we need a Para with a flame-thrower :D

get the new arnhem end of May
but with the firefly is worth the wait!
richard:cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back