My new Arnhem Radio Jeep and other figures arrived today . . . (2 Viewers)

How many of the Original Arnhem Bridge were made ?

.....or was it a one off for OTSN Chicago 1995 ?

It would be nice to see some shots this.

Raymond.:)

It was a one off. Originally, Andy couldn't sell it (he was asking the then unheard of price of $1,500 :eek:- funny in hind sight :rolleyes:), so it made another appearance at the OTSN, and was left in the garage of then Chicago area K&C Dealer Bill Hurlburt. When Bill sold his dealership, it went to the new Chicago area dealer. As to its present whereabouts, I have no idea.

How many of the Original Arnhem Bridge were made ?

.....or was it a one off for OTSN Chicago 1995 ?

It would be nice to see some shots this.

Raymond its a great piece, and quite large! I will check around and see if I
have any images. I know I do, but they may be photographs and not on my computer. If I find a few I will post them.

A very nice private collector is now in possesion, and I will respect his privacy, but I can assure you it is in good hands!:)

Raymond its a great piece, and quite large! I will check around and see if I
have any images. I know I do, but they may be photographs and not on my computer. If I find a few I will post them.

A very nice private collector is now in possesion, and I will respect his privacy, but I can assure you it is in good hands!:)

Thanks, Njja. I am glad to hear that.

For a moment, it was afraid it may have ended up in junk heap.

Please do post the photographs if you manage to find them.

Raymond, check this out.....but make sure you are sitting down first!:D

Attachments

• Arnhem Bridge.jpg
    Arnhem Bridge.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 186
Here are a couple of close ups! Man that is really something!:)

Attachments

• Arnhem.jpg
    Arnhem.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 209
  • Arnhem-.jpg
    Arnhem-.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 207
..........awesome !!

.....................................................................................................

Yes that pretty much sums up my opinion also! What a great looking piece

that must be to enjoy! I did not have the opportunity to see it in Chicago,

and can only image it with all the backlot buildings in the backround and the

classic Arnhem sets scrambling accross it.

You can just make out the backlot garage in the corner of the second photo.

Very cool!:D

I will be Gambale-esque and say "we need an ambulance jeep!" :)

Bridge scene can also be set up with O gauge railroad bridges....American flyer pressed metal bridges can be bought for $80-$90.....check out used O gauge trains also many other options available....they can be re-painted and weathered for WWII....Much less money then the original K/C:)

Cheers for the photos!
I've been looking at model rail bridges for something similar. It looks a good compromise of size vs space.
I'll keep on the lookout.

Simon

See my prior post# 33....May be able to use an American Flyer pressed metal bridge....Hope this helps

See my prior post# 33....May be able to use an American Flyer pressed metal bridge....Hope this helps

Cheers for that. I spotted some on evilbay a few months ago, which seemed relatively reasonable in price. The only thing that might kill it would be the shipping. I need to do some trawling this side of the Pond, but I'm liking the idea.

Many thanks.
Simon

some variations

Attachments

• P5030008.jpg
    P5030008.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 127
  • P5030007.jpg
    P5030007.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 127
The new radio jeep is great. I would like to see K&C add a new jeep to the MG series every year.

Last edited:
The new radio jeep is great. I would like to see K&C add a new jeep to the MG series every year.

maybe a jeep with only a driver, then could produce some single sitting figures for different variations?:)

maybe a jeep with only a driver, then could produce some single sitting figures for different variations?:)
I've been looking at both of my "After The Battle -Market Garden books & a lot of the Jeeps had all there kit taken of during the battle , so I would like to see that next + a second six pounder gun

Users who are viewing this thread

Back