My new avatar (1 Viewer)

Pierre

Banned
How do you find my new avatar?

I know that it has nothing to do with military miniatures but I am a fan and it is a subliminal message to Mr. Neilson. He may re-releases his Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band set. I am sure that I'm not alone to wish that.

Pierre.

Pierre said:
How do you find my new avatar?

I know that it has nothing to do with military miniatures but I am a fan and it is a subliminal message to Mr. Neilson. He may re-releases his Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band set. I am sure that I'm not alone to wish that.

Pierre.

Brad and Louis could do a version of 'Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds', although I'm not sure if it'll result in any Warbirds. Firebat would probably try "Getting Better" as an ode to getting real. Alex could use his skills to try "Fixing a Hole".

Ok so there's probably a song for everyone in the repetoire but I'm not sure if Andy will take it as being a little help from his friends.

Is that Lucy or Louis in the sky with diamonds:D

Anyway, I think the chance of that being reissued is remote, only because I don't think Andy obtained permission from Apple. Louis can probably relate the whole incident.

Pierre,

As fun as the concept of K&C re-issuing the Sergeant Pepper's set is, Brad is right. Early on, Andy niaively produced several character figures without obtaining permission to do so, including the above mentioned Beatles set, Charlie Chaplin, Elvis Presley, Winston Churchill, Clark Gable, and George S. Patton. Patton's estate caught on and sued Andy. If the other estates or Apple Records ever got wind, K&C could be facing some more lawsuits, so I don't think you will see more Beatles stuff any time soon.

Louis Badolato said:
Pierre,

As fun as the concept of K&C re-issuing the Sergeant Pepper's set is, Brad is right. Early on, Andy niaively produced several character figures without obtaining permission to do so, including the above mentioned Beatles set, Charlie Chaplin, Elvis Presley, Winston Churchill, Clark Gable, and George S. Patton. Patton's estate caught on and sued Andy. If the other estates or Apple Records ever got wind, K&C could be facing some more lawsuits, so I don't think you will see more Beatles stuff any time soon.

That seems a little ridiculous about Patton - a long dead historical personality. Could Hitler's relatives sue for the same reason? I have to believe there is some reasonable limitation on the ability of an estate to tie up reproduction of an individuals' image. Living entertainment figures and characters from movies may be different.

Patton's estate was one of the few military figures that trademarked said figures image (I guess for the movie 'Patton" with George C. Scott). Most historical figures are fair game, but hollywood figures images are usually trademarked, so the unauthorized reproduction of their images can lead to lawsuits.

So if Andy wanted to make a special, limited edition of 'Louis Badolato' you couldn't sue for damages ...:rolleyes:

Just think of the diorama - you could put your little Louis surrounded by vintage warbirds ...

Nope, I'm fair game. If Andy were deluded enough to want to make a figure of a rapidly aging appeals lawyer surrounded by a tiny toy collection, he can be my guest.

I've often wondered about this question. I believe that this may be an area of trademark law, rather than using someone's likeness without their permission. I know that for living individuals, under Section 50a of the NY Civil Rights Law, you need their permission. However, I don't know what rights estates have. Most manufacturers believe that they probably don't the permission of the estates. In the case of Apple, if they had gotten wind, you know they would have sued. Just see the lawsuit they brought against Apple and iTunes recently. They zealously defend the rights of the Beatles. Of course, there is a significant difference in both the size of the defendants and possible sums to be realized.

Peter Reuss said:
So if Andy wanted to make a special, limited edition of 'Louis Badolato' you couldn't sue for damages ...:rolleyes:

See Section 50a of the NY Civil Rights Law. Maybe I could be Louis' lawyer and he could pay me off in old K & C. It's nice to dream.

Louis Badolato said:
Nope, I'm fair game. If Andy were deluded enough to want to make a figure of a rapidly aging appeals lawyer surrounded by a tiny toy collection, he can be my guest.

So if Andy made a 1:30 scale model of Louis' scale model warbirds for this little Louis to be surrounded by, how large would they end up being?
:rolleyes:

Ah, the deep thoughts that occur while working in the office ...

Peter Reuss said:
So if Andy made a 1:30 scale model of Louis' scale model warbirds for this little Louis to be surrounded by, how large would they end up being?
1/30 times 1/32 or 1/960 scale ... better use the B-17 if we want to see anything.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back