My New Winter Diorama (2 Viewers)

white paint mainly, on the diorama base it is just household enamel - it gives it that gleam around this trench peice...

Does anyone know if paper mache would make good hills and terrain???:D :D

Scott,

It can look okay over polystyrene etc, but you need to be quite careful when laying the soggy strips of paper down, to make sure that you don't get the edges lifting up. And it can tke ages to dry. And if using newspaper, the print can come through, so it would probably need a few coats of paint.

Simon

Scott,

It can look okay over polystyrene etc, but you need to be quite careful when laying the soggy strips of paper down, to make sure that you don't get the edges lifting up. And it can tke ages to dry. And if using newspaper, the print can come through, so it would probably need a few coats of paint.

Simon

Scott, I haven't done that since I was a kid - small peices of paper and using white paper - if you can find some suitable - might help.

Thanks, I am going to have a go at making a Winter scene using this technique!!!:D:D:D:D:D

When I was a kid at model train and hobby shops they used to sell powdered papier mache that made fantastic terrain. You just got an old piece of wire screen, shaped it over some pieces of wood on a plywood base, stapled it in place, covered with the paste made from powdered papier mache mixed with water, and you had a very realistic stone/mountainside base. Add a little of the various sand/pebble/dirt/grass mixtures also sold in hobby shops for model train set ups, some dried moss/litchen for bushes and some model trees and you had an excellent diorama base, just add models and figures.

Does anyone have a Winter diorama with the original Battle of the Bulge figures???:D

Tonight I am going to buy sets BBA13:D, BBA14:D, WSS85:D, WSS86:D, and JGS8D for my Winter diorama:D!!!

I can't wait to get them!!!!

After them my Winter diorama will be finished, so now I have to wait until the new Arnhem sets come out before I buy anything else!!!!!!! It will be hard coming off the Winter drug!!! But I think I can manage it!!!!!

Tonight I am going to buy sets BBA13, BBA14, WSS85, WSS86, and JGS8D for my Winter diorama:D!!!

I can't wait to get them!!!!

After them my Winter diorama will be finished, so now I have to wait until the new Arnhem sets come out before I buy anything else!!!!!!! It will be hard coming off the Winter drug!!! But I think I can manage it!!!!!

Did someone get K&C UK happy vouchers for Christmas? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back