Napoleonic French Cuirassiers from All the King's Men (1 Viewer)

AlltheKingsMen

Private 2
NapFrenchCuirassiersPaintedLowRes2.jpg

All the King's Men is pleased to announce the release of Napoleonic French cuirassiers! You can see all the details on our Napoleonics page:

http://allthekingsmentoysoldiers.com/Napoleonic.html

These French heavies are 54mm, like all our figures. Riders are cast in metal, while horses and bases are plastic to keep sets lightweight. Assembly is required on the riders who come in the following pieces: body, head, arms, scabbard, carbine and bedroll. Pieces fit together snuggly and are easy to superglue. The result is riders in various poses.

NapFrenchCuirassiersPaintedLowRes1.jpg

You get 8 figures in each set: 6 troopers, an officer, a bugler, and 8 horses with bases. This setup is ideal for "All the King's Men" wargames, but you can use these figures for any game or display.

ATKM ships worldwide. The figures come UNPAINTED. Images here show how they can look painted.

The original riders in this set are owned by Stockade Miniatures in their Soldiers of the World range. We made arrangements for ATKM to offer them to the wargame audience. The horses are from DSG of Argentina. They're cast from the old Britain Deetail molds, which DSG has owned for some time.

Nap.French.Cuirassiers.Primed.LowRes.1.jpg

Skeptical of wargaming Napoleonics in 54mm? You can, and not just skirmishes! Check out the "All the King's Men" rules here are a free PDF:

http://allthekingsmentoysoldiers.com/Napoleonic.html

We'll be adding a Napoleonic "period rules" addendum soon. It'll cover such glorious options as mass cavalry charges and grand batteries.

Ken,

that are some VERY NICE looking Heavies you have produced!!!

I just checked your website and see that you are also making Cuirassiers too, that's great!

NapFrenchCarabiniersPaintedLowRes2.jpg

I'm sure that they will be big sellers with the paint your own collectors,

Well Done

John

I just checked out those prices ($45 per set) - and used my currency converter - and find that each of the mounted sets of eight figures - come in at a staggering £28.70. That's phenomenal value for such good castings. Works out at around £3.60 per mounted figure. The shipping should also be lower than usual too - because the horses are plastic - so less weight than metal. Wow!!

I may have to seriously investigate some of these, come the new year! jb

Thanks for checking them out, John! I opt not to list our prices here on the Treefrog forum as a professional courtesy. It's their party and I'm just a guest. Our prices are kept low because we ship direct-to-consumer. Plus, I'm just a one-man show, so low overhead over here. Our shipping rates are actual or as close to that as we can get.

Ken @ ATKM

I just checked out those prices ($45 per set) - and used my currency converter - and find that each of the mounted sets of eight figures - come in at a staggering £28.70. That's phenomenal value for such good castings. Works out at around £3.60 per mounted figure. The shipping should also be lower than usual too - because the horses are plastic - so less weight than metal. Wow!!

I may have to seriously investigate some of these, come the new year! jb

Thanks for checking them out, John! I opt not to list our prices here on the Treefrog forum as a professional courtesy. It's their party and I'm just a guest. Our prices are kept low because we ship direct-to-consumer. Plus, I'm just a one-man show, so low overhead over here. Our shipping rates are actual or as close to that as we can get.

Ken @ ATKM

Cheers Ken - as I'm mainly a painter of castings ( or repairer, painter of broken TS), I sometimes forget that I'm probably in a minority here - and that our host is a seller of (mainly) finished products. Apologies to Padre - just put this one down to an enthusiastic oversight. As previously discussed, Ken - I'll be in touch in the New Year. jb

Great figures, Ken! And I look forward to a future set of Prussian cuirassiers from the Seven Years' War from you, someday ;)

Prost!
Brad

I picked up some of these guys a couple of weeks back and just finished up putting the final touches on the paint jobs today.
The figures are nicely sculpted and painted up well but the horses that they came with were not the greatest so I changed them out for TSSD and Italeri horses. The only problem with that is that the saddles are molded to the riders and are attached and are part of the figure so I had to cut the saddles off of the plastic horses to get them to work.
Here are some pics of the figures I painted up!
I,ll be buying some of the Carabiner figures soon, I really like these other then the horses they are great figures.

Nice to see you back at providing us with the end results of your conversions Tim featuring them at play and as always thanks for sharing the end results with us.........Joe :salute:::salute:::salute:::salute:::salute:::salute::

Nice to see you back at providing us with the end results of your conversions Tim featuring them at play and as always thanks for sharing the end results with us.........Joe :salute:::salute:::salute:::salute:::salute:::salute::

Thanks Joe! Great to see you back and well also.^&cool

Users who are viewing this thread

Back