Napoleonic French Pontooners 1/32nd (1 Viewer)

9thHussar

Sergeant
Hi

I am making a few conversions into French Pontooneers (Built bridges etc...) Napoleonic era.

They had the pre 1812 cut of Light Infantry uniform with Corsehut hats.

Anyone have any further extra info about their uniform(s)?

Regards
9thHussar

I have seen a plate in the Historie & Collections Battle series, "WAGRAM -Apogee of the Empire" by F G Hourtoulle and plates by Andre Jouneau showing the uniform of a Pontoneer.

Its identical to a Foot Gunner of the Imperial Guard, but instead of a feather plume on the shako, he has a red pompom.

They were part of the Artillery, hence the uniform.

I hope that helps,

John

Re: Napoleonic French Pontooners 1/32nd PHOTO LINK ATTACHED

Dave,

I think that you should have used French Infantry figures to paint the Pontooniers, because the hats and boots are wrong.

They need shakos, and gaiters.

As far as the painting goes, the colours are right, but you need to paint to cuff flaps blue not white, and no red around the tops of the gaiters.

These are my gunners by AIP, which would suffice as pontooniers with some minor modifications:

aip_nl.jpg

Nice try anyway,

John

Hi John

I made the Pontooneers for a friend and he supplied several pictures of the French Pontooneers in this style of uniform with Corsehut head-dress, so it must have pre-dated the uniform with the shako in the earlier Napoleonic era. I painted them as the elite company with red epaulettes shown on another contemporary illustration of the unit.

see one attached example link below:

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/...uroldquo7AtildeumlmeCompagnie_zps0f48582a.jpg

Regards
Dave

Hi John

I made the Pontooneers for a friend and he supplied several pictures of the French Pontooneers in this style of uniform with Corsehut head-dress, so it must have pre-dated the uniform with the shako in the earlier Napoleonic era. I painted them as the elite company with red epaulettes shown on another contemporary illustration of the unit.

see one attached example link below:

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/...uroldquo7AtildeumlmeCompagnie_zps0f48582a.jpg

Regards
Dave

That's a uniform I had not seen before. Goes to show you learn something new every day. Thanks for sharing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back