Napoleonic Trivia #92 (2 Viewers)

What event linked Napoléon to the zoo of Berlin?

Hi Grognard,

1927, october 11th, the movie "Napoléon", made by Abel Gance, is shown with 3 screens at the Ufa Palast in Zoo of Berlin. :)

Faithfully
Valmy

Hi Grognard,

1927, october 11th, the movie "Napoléon", made by Abel Gance, is shown with 3 screens at the Ufa Palast in Zoo of Berlin. :)

Faithfully
Valmy

Valmy, nice attempt but this is not the answer. There is a direct link between Napoléon (the real one not the one in the movie) and the zoo...

I heard teh answer to this once on a bus tour but I forget it now. I will report back latter with research when it is not midnight in Massachusetts.

Valmy, nice attempt but this is not the answer. There is a direct link between Napoléon (the real one not the one in the movie) and the zoo...

During WW2, medals of Napoleon were hidden in a bunker which was in the zoo.

During WW2, medals of Napoleon were hidden in a bunker which was in the zoo.

This is indeed the correct answer Valmy {bravo}}Napoleon's decorations were part of the content found by the Prussians in one of Napoleon's carriages they captured at Waterloo (see Nap Trivia #91). Among other personal items, Napoléon's decorations and one hat were taken by Field marshal von Blücher and presented to the King of Prussia. From there they were kept in what would become Germany until WW2. During WW2 the Germans hid them with others valued items in a bunker in the zoo of Berlin. The Russians found them and took them to Moscow in 1946 where they are still kept and shown at the Moscow State Historical museum: http://www.shm.ru/en/room28a_6.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back