Napoleonics (1 Viewer)

nysoldiers

Command Sergeant Major
Has anyone received the new 28th Regiment British and French Currasiers?
I am curious if the scale compares favorably with K&C or First Legion and Britains.
Cavalry listing at $65.90 and with discounts available makes them more competitive than K&C new $79 price!

I think they are very comparible. I got my first set last week from BT Soldiers. They are beautiful pieces.

Have the standard bearer who fight with her guidon, and he's strictly same size than a K&C cuirassier. But no plumet on the helmet, only the black mane ( K&C are the 7th, Collector's Showcase are the 10th )

I have 3 Cuirassiers and 6 infantry. The French cavalry are a different unit from the K&C and do have the different plumes noted but they are nicely sculpted and painted. I like the horses faces better than K&C but I like the K&C human faces better. The British infantry is OK but not as nice to me as the horsemen. Size wise the mounted figures fit perfectly with K&C and the foot soldiers are within a few mm of K&C and visually fit with K&C and 1st Legion. While I am waiting for 1st Legion's cavalry I may get another horseman or two but I likely will get more of the K&C Cuirassiers first and they are actually cheaper at $62. All that said, neither one compares to 1st Legion IMHO. So for me they will both serve more to fill lines and add depth to formations, as well as give me the patience to wait for the 1st Legion lineup to fill in for my preferred western theater. This week gave it a big boost since the 1st Legion British are finally coming (in the mail actually).:cool::D

Look nysoldiers :

( left Collector's Showcase, right K&C )

Attachments

• IMGP1764.JPG
    IMGP1764.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 352
I think they compliment each other very well. Napoleonics collectors should be very happy that there are more figures to add to a diorama. Variation is a reality n war. Even in th same regiments. I have read stories of men showing up with very different uniforms due to shortages and or tailor mishaps.

I think they compliment each other very well. Napoleonics collectors should be very happy that there are more figures to add to a diorama. Variation is a reality n war. Even in th same regiments. I have read stories of men showing up with very different uniforms due to shortages and or tailor mishaps.
As I said, the mounted CS and K&C figures do fit together well and I think this photo highlights their relative strengths and weaknesses.

You are right on about the uniform variations. Each dye batch was different and some colors wore better than others. For example, the green of the French Dragoons was made by dying yellow over the blue and the yellow faded more rapidly leaving a rather faded dark blue. Moreover, these uniforms were hardly weather proof and often worn for many months with only limited, if any, cleaning in all conditions. Actually, it is unlikely that there was much strict uniformity in unit dress except for parades and recently formed of re-supplied units.

There is just too much good stuff out there. How can one afford to buy it all. I want it all! There just is not enough room.......... Wahhhhhhhhhhhhh:mad:

There is just too much good stuff out there. How can one afford to buy it all. I want it all! There just is not enough room.......... Wahhhhhhhhhhhhh:mad:

Never enough room, or backbone to set it all up and PLAY. Can't b---h though, not even a real problem! Setting out 1,000 or more napoleonics to play with or just admire is too much and not as much fun by yourself.Always more fun with friends.
I havent got any of these Cuirassier , yet.Maybe a few to fill out the Squadrons .CHARGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FUB

I recently ordered the full set of Napoleonics (Quatre Bras 28th Foot and 10th Cuirrassiers)and although very pleased with the figures in general I am somewhat bemused by the fact that the 28th Regiment and the 10th Cuirrassiers never seemed to have met at Quatre Bras or,for that matter,Waterloo.it seems that the 10th were held in reserve at Ligny and the only currassiers involved at Quatre Bras were the 8th and 11th,with the 11th lacking breastplates.I do hope I am wrong as it takes the edge off a planned diorama.

I recently ordered the full set of Napoleonics (Quatre Bras 28th Foot and 10th Cuirrassiers)and although very pleased with the figures in general I am somewhat bemused by the fact that the 28th Regiment and the 10th Cuirrassiers never seemed to have met at Quatre Bras or,for that matter,Waterloo.it seems that the 10th were held in reserve at Ligny and the only currassiers involved at Quatre Bras were the 8th and 11th,with the 11th lacking breastplates.I do hope I am wrong as it takes the edge off a planned diorama.

Great input, and its a great entry point into the sales part of product development: We knew that we would have to choose a Currassier regiment that hadn't been done by any other manufacturers recently so as to ensure we weren't " duplicating " products but at the same time create Currassier that would fit into our thematic choice of Lady Butlers painting.

Its often a fine line between inserting the desired unit precisely into the diorama without torpedoing our own sales with a unit duplication. I hope that helps, but you do bring up a fine point. Glad to hear you are enjoying the pieces.

very best regards,

Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

Back