Neal's Gift to his Daughter (1 Viewer)

ucla1967

Major
Neal has made for daughter, a custom display of the 1953 Coronation procession of Queen Elizabeth II. The white paper base the figures are on in his work shop is a footprint of his daughter's display case. Neal actually went over board and made too many figures to fit in the space by a factor of two. Many of the figures were made and painted by Neal. BTW, his daughter is married, so forget about it.

Photo one: Queen Elizabeth's carriage flanked by the four Commonwealth countries (i.e., New Zealand, Australia, South Africa, and Canada)

Photo two: Middle section of display

Photo three: Close-up of carriage

Photo four: More troops

Attachments

• QE1.JPG
    QE1.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 338
  • QE2.JPG
    QE2.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 344
  • QE3.JPG
    QE3.JPG
    92.3 KB · Views: 336
  • QE4.JPG
    QE4.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 330
Three more photos.

Photo one: Front of procession

Photos two and three: Middle section to rear

Attachments

• QE6.JPG
    QE6.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 207
  • QE7.JPG
    QE7.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 201
Oops, this is the front of the procession.

Attachments

• QE5.JPG
    QE5.JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 198
Mike,

It was a similar coronation display in the showcase of a store called Devlin's Hobbies that I walked past on my way to and from school each day that got me hooked on toy soldiers to begin with. Really great stuff!

Hi MIke,

What an impressive display! Thanks for posting the pictures. I am enjoying them very, very much!

Warmest personal regards,

Pat

Great stuff , I remeber reading somewhere that britains made
a very small number of coronation displays on turntables. I think one even
made it to this part of the world .

Awesome display. Anybody know what the band is with the pipers? Its in front of the Royal Marines.

Mike
What a wonderful display. I must say you cannot beat the royals and the papacy when it comes to putting on a bit of pomp and grandeur
Regards
Damian

The Pipe Band are the Irish guards. This set is either W. Britains post war set no. 2096 -- which contained 12 pieces - or a very good reproduction of the set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back