Nefertiti (1 Viewer)

blaster

Captain
Following on from my racy Cleopatra figure, I thought that it would be fun to do another similar great queen Nefertiti, racing around in her chariot to Amarna.
It would give me a chance to work on my Egyptian chariot.

What about Nefertiti herself? Well, I have another Phoenix Atlantis figure which is just lying around. I decided to alter the pose as well as resculpt the headdress.

a9.jpga10.jpga17.jpg

Coincidentally, the recent issue of Ancient Warfare magazine has a few articles on chariots! What struck me was the lightweight construction and appearance of the Egyptian chariots.
I am exploring on how to customise my piece accordingly.

I cut away the bow cases and quivers to make a stripped down chariot.

Nefertiti was reposed yet again and I've decided to stick with this pose. The chin and neck were sculpted. A dress is now being sculpted over her.

a6.jpg

Now souping up the chariot. The base was of woven rattan to minimise the shocks and bumps.

I wove some metal strips and cut it out to fit the base of the chariot. The handles are to be wound around with rattan to provide a better grip.

as.jpg

I carefully wound thinner metal strips neatly around a straight thick wire of the same diameter as the moulded chariot handles.
The wire was then cut to length and bent to represent the chariot handles.
These were then substituted for the original handles (snip snip).
The woven metal strips were placed on the floor and glued in place.

aa.jpgaa2.jpgaa3.jpg

I cut Nefertiti down to size. I removed a few mm fro her torso and her knees. The hips were also lowered.

aa6.jpg

I cut Nefertiti down to size. I removed a few mm fro her torso and her knees. The hips were also lowered.

This is turning into quite a project !

That "woven" Chariot floor is wonderful.

Thank you for posting.

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your inputs! You know me - no resting on any reeds here....:)

I'm currently watching a DVD set on the mysteries of Egypt for inspiration. Her husband Alhenaten has very interesting features. Worth exploring too!
Now sculpting the horses.

Rgds

Victor

Getting immersed into this project. I've created a short dress tied on one side for Nefertiti. Now adding a figure of Akhenaton.
He has a feminine body with breasts so I used a larger scale 1/24 female torso and head and am converting this.
The horses have also been further modified.

a.jpga3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back