Neville Chamberlain (1 Viewer)

Hlinka was of course dead as you say however it was his party that was against union with the Czechs, as far back as 1922. During the 30’s the Party became associated with the Sudenten Germans and the Magyar opposition. Hlinka was a Slovak patriot however Patriotism takes many forms.

Let me share this with you - I am a proud American. I have no regrets about being an American - I do not hate My President , I do not hate my Congress and I support my Country no matter which political party is running it.

I have had long talks with Shannon on how not to tip over the apple cart on appreciation of each of our Nationalities - I have since stopped joking around on comments that could be offensive to any one Nationality - or historic conduct of Warfare.

Unfornately this not be observed by other Nationalities when it comes to the old ole USA.

To be honest - I am very tired of "a few" running down the United States of America and then sitting back - enjoying all the safety our Country brings for the rest of the World - while we (including Great Britian, Italy and ect....) are out there on the frontlines. The USA Defense Budgets is the Largest in the Free World ! We do it because we protect freedom - not just for us - but for everyone.

So "for the few" on this forum please spare me of your political correctness.

Chamberlain may have meant well, but his policy was foolish, and weak. He may have bought time, but for whom? Hitler was heading for a military conflict with the West, and as late as 1938, Britain, France and the still-independent Poles could have stopped Germany in her tracks. That would have been the end of the Third Reich.

Churchill was human, of course, and so, made mistakes. But he was a keener judge of character and international events than most in British politics in the 30's.

Who would you rather have a drink with? Churchill would certainly be more interesting company.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back