New AIP British ..a first look. (1 Viewer)

AIP should be paying you a commision for all this product promotion.

:)

I was waiting for your review Scott nice to se some close up shots.
The only worrie is all that plastic blocking between the arm and musket on the shooting guys.

I was waiting for your review Scott nice to se some close up shots.
The only worrie is all that plastic blocking between the arm and musket on the shooting guys.

That's a hard flaw to hide with paint.

Scott,

could this area be trimmed out with a modelling knife?

9th

Only with great care I'm guessing. Maybe a small drill hole first. This is more of an issue if the collector paints them as there will be a large red (or blue) area or a black patch.

Off topic but I'm thinking of grafting on heads from the 95th Rifles set to make Peninsular War British. The earlier shako could have covered more of the Napoleonic era including the War of 1812 and one of the US Army shako styles. Oh well, you can't have everything. Where would you put it?

You could graft some Kepi heads on the 1812 bodies and get 2nd New Hampshire (w/o "Whipple Hat") or 7th New York at Bull Run.

Only with great care I'm guessing. Maybe a small drill hole first. This is more of an issue if the collector paints them as there will be a large red (or blue) area or a black patch.

Off topic but I'm thinking of grafting on heads from the 95th Rifles set to make Peninsular War British. The earlier shako could have covered more of the Napoleonic era including the War of 1812 and one of the US Army shako styles. Oh well, you can't have everything. Where would you put it?

Head swaps sound like a great idea. Check out ATKM. Ken sells some separate head sets. I'm pretty sure he's got some different US shakos.

:)

hi - I reckon they could paint up ok in brown uniforms as Portugese infantry alongside Wellingtons other troops in the Peninsular War
9th

Users who are viewing this thread

Back