"New" AIP Napoleonic Cavalry Sets (1 Viewer)

It will be interesting to see if these new color runs have "Made in the USA" on the box.

The usual bulk price deals are not being applied to these sets.

It will be interesting to see if these new color runs have "Made in the USA" on the box.

The usual bulk price deals are not being applied to these sets.

It's great to see AIP active again. I always hoped that they would produce a true line of Napoleonic cavalry aside from their Crimean War sets and hopefully, this is just the beginning. Although they are not eligible for the bulk set deals, these new sets at $12.95 a box are a good alternative to the fine but pricey cavalry sets from Expeditionary Force. AIP has always been a good option for those that wish to form large bodies of units at a reasonable price.

This is such good news for the hobby; as I've said elsewhere, it appears rumors of AIP's demise have been greatly exaggerated. They fill a niche in the hobby and it looks like they're back. Great news.

This is such good news for the hobby; as I've said elsewhere, it appears rumors of AIP's demise have been greatly exaggerated. They fill a niche in the hobby and it looks like they're back. Great news.

Oh man, I'd be so bummed if they went out of business! I've filled many a rank with their Napoleonic figures!

I have to add some words of praise for AIP's customer service. They had mixed up one item out of five in my order (a simple number error), so I emailed them about it. I was told the set I ordered would be in the mail that day and I should keep the set sent by mistake. The missing set arrived today via air mail, at a cost to AIP of $16. This for a $12.95 set!

AIP_lancers1.JPG I have been using AIP's Crimean War lancers as French for some time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back