NEW BRITAINS 2014 SUMMER COLLECTION UP ON The BRITAINS WEB SITE (2 Viewers)

My pocket book will finely get a break... basically WW1 and the new marine/sailor line

+1 I'm a little bit suprised I was expecting some clash of empires & napoleonic figures. No biggie though I just won't buy anything from that collection:)

Appears that it will be a financially easy fall for me also. I am interested in the four new 1916-1917 WWI British Infantry sets plus the WWI British Nurse. Appears that there will be no ACW or Clash of Empires releases beyond what's already scheduled for this summer.

On another note . . . . . Has anybody heard when the 2014 CC figures will be sent out. They are usually sent out in May aren't they? May is almost over . . . . . .
:smile2: Mike

What do you mean by summer releases?Do you mean new releases?I was suppose to get a free figure in May,Did everyone in the Collectors Club get their's
Mark

Mark, there are 12 new ACW sets scheduled for Summer delivery and there are 7 new Clash of Empires sets (Woodland Indians) also scheduled for Spring/Summer delivery. These are from the 2014 Spring Catalog.

Yeah I got all of my Clash of Empires pre-ordered.^&grin
Mark

Appears that it will be a financially easy fall for me also. I am interested in the four new 1916-1917 WWI British Infantry sets plus the WWI British Nurse. Appears that there will be no ACW or Clash of Empires releases beyond what's already scheduled for this summer.

On another note . . . . . Has anybody heard when the 2014 CC figures will be sent out. They are usually sent out in May aren't they? May is almost over . . . . . .

None of the British cavalry or Germans Mike?
Mark

I was hoping to see some War Along the Nile figures, but perhaps they are coming later on this year? :rolleyes2:

Jeff

I was hoping to see some War Along the Nile figures, but perhaps they are coming later on this year? :rolleyes2:

Jeff

I have given up on the Sudan/Nile theme, happy to have what has already been released. Not sure what I would be hoping still to be done. That being said, I have ordered the Naval Brigade from Heritage. What would you like to see being done to extend the series Jeff. Seems JJD has come to a stop & Britain's may have also. I am now concentrating on Zulu once again to make up for the loss of the Nile. Robin.

I have given up on the Sudan/Nile theme, happy to have what has already been released. Not sure what I would be hoping still to be done. That being said, I have ordered the Naval Brigade from Heritage. What would you like to see being done to extend the series Jeff. Seems JJD has come to a stop & Britain's may have also. I am now concentrating on Zulu once again to make up for the loss of the Nile. Robin.

I'm afraid to say that I'm inclined to agree Robin, last years summer catalogue showed only two new sets and one of those is still to be released! As you know I converted existing figures from both WAN and AZW to give extra variety of units and might still have to continue.

There is so much more that could be done with this range - my wish list would be....

Dervish dead (various and lots)
Dervish cavalry
Dervish warriors (different poses to existing)

British mounted officers
British cavalry
British artillery
Baggage mules/camels

I appreciate that it's a tall order for all of the above and imho this is a great range of figures, but needs consistent new releases to keep the enthusiasm going and I do not want to stop here.......

Jeff

Attachments

• wan.jpg
    wan.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 214

Jeff

When I talked to Ken Osen at the Toronto Show he did not talk much about this line compared to others so I was not surprised to see no new Nile series in the summer catalogue.... As this is the other line I collect from wbritains, I guess I am awaiting on the lone 3 figure set release that is still in the pipeline as it looks like a good one....

I will be getting the 78th Highlanders in the Museum Collection. Also a few of the WW1 figures.
K

None of the British cavalry or Germans Mike?
Mark

No . . . . I am just collecting the 1916-1917 infantry to display with my Trench sections. Don't have the room to expand the collection beyond the British trenches . . . . . .

Hello all,
There are several additions to all ranges already in the works, including Clash of Empires, War on the Nile and of course American Civil War. Many of these will appear in the Fall catalog with pre-production samples on display at our Gettysburg Symposium in the silent auction.
I will be posting a few images on our Facebook page in the next two months leading up to the event too.
All the best!
Ken

Hello all,
There are several additions to all ranges already in the works, including Clash of Empires, War on the Nile and of course American Civil War. Many of these will appear in the Fall catalog with pre-production samples on display at our Gettysburg Symposium in the silent auction.
I will be posting a few images on our Facebook page in the next two months leading up to the event too.
All the best!
Ken

Good to know Ken . . . . . See you at the Gettysburg synposium . . . . Looking forward to it . . . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back