New club figure (1 Viewer)

Harvey

Private 2
CF021 - Madras Lancers British Officer

Attachments

• CF021.jpg
    CF021.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 392
This is the third Indian-related figure they made. There must be something there, rangewise. Very colorful looking figure.

If there is to be a new range, along with the new Australian range, there is only so much capacity that factories have unless you can expand capacity or add new factories. Assuming neither, it would seem that certain ranges, other than WW II and Napoleonics (the cash cows), would have to suffer. Also, how much of a customer base is there, unless you also further assume that you can attract customers who have never been interested in either K & C or toy soldiers previously.

Also, as you expand capacity, etc. and the company grows, there have to be infusions of capital and with loan agreements come restrictions from bankers. Obviously, one thing banks/lenders are always interested in is the stability of management. With a company where the founder is so important comes the question of succession and so forth.

Where are am I going with this? I have no idea. Just random thoughts popping into my head.

Perhaps Andy is planning on doing with the collectors club what Britains is doing with the Red & Blue Coats range?

This is the third Indian-related figure they made. There must be something there, rangewise. Very colorful looking figure.

If there is to be a new range, along with the new Australian range, there is only so much capacity that factories have unless you can expand capacity or add new factories. Assuming neither, it would seem that certain ranges, other than WW II and Napoleonics (the cash cows), would have to suffer. Also, how much of a customer base is there, unless you also further assume that you can attract customers who have never been interested in either K & C or toy soldiers previously.

Also, as you expand capacity, etc. and the company grows, there have to be infusions of capital and with loan agreements come restrictions from bankers. Obviously, one thing banks/lenders are always interested in is the stability of management. With a company where the founder is so important comes the question of succession and so forth.

Where are am I going with this? I have no idea. Just random thoughts popping into my head.

I think there is an oversupply of WW2 production now. That is a personal opinion based on no longer being able to buy almost everything WW2 that comes out. K&C has long been the volume leader, but now Figarti has increased the number of armour pieces they are producing and introducing them at a faster pace. CS is introducing more armour at lower prices. HB and now Gunn are making high quality figure sets. And FL has introduced a high end range of WW2. There are a few other makers of WW2 I have not mentioned as I have none of their items.

I can't see this many companies being successful in the WW2 range with so many models coming out so quickly. And one manufaturer and one dealer have said sales volume of WW2 ranges has gone down in the recession. Have no idea if that is correct or not?

Terry

I think so too Terry.

Now, here's the interesting question. K & C produces large quantities so we as customer always assume that if we don't purchase an item now, we can purchase it later. Figarti tends to produce in small quantities which hasn't been a big problem for us because they weren't consistent with their release schedule, which now seems to be changing. (As an aside Figarti's amounts are truly limited whereas producing 800 or 1000 of something is not what I call limited). HB also produces in small quantities. Now, one other company, Thomas Gunn, has produced something in limited quantities that is of high quality. Could this become a trend? You could almost call these companies boutique companies in that regard.

Whether it becomes a trend or not, if these companies keep doing this, because you can always buy K & C stuff down the road, but cannot necessarily afford to wait on something like a Firefly, will this hurt K & C sales? If you weren't planning to buy a Firefly or a Priest but feel you have to or you'll be shut out, this takes away the funds that you might have otherwise used for K & C purchases (such as the new halftrack). Their sales could possibly suffer unless they too decide they need to do this as well.

Interesting to contemplate.

I think so too Terry.

Now, here's the interesting question. K & C produces large quantities so we as customer always assume that if we don't purchase an item now, we can purchase it later. Figarti tends to produce in small quantities which hasn't been a big problem for us because they weren't consistent with their release schedule, which now seems to be changing. (As an aside Figarti's amounts are truly limited whereas producing 800 or 1000 of something is not what I call limited). HB also produces in small quantities. Now, one other company, Thomas Gunn, has produced something in limited quantities that is of high quality. Could this become a trend? You could almost call these companies boutique companies in that regard.

Whether it becomes a trend or not, if these companies keep doing this, because you can always buy K & C stuff down the road, but cannot necessarily afford to wait on something like a Firefly, will this hurt K & C sales? If you weren't planning to buy a Firefly or a Priest but feel you have to or you'll be shut out, this takes away the funds that you might have otherwise used for K & C purchases (such as the new halftrack). Their sales could possibly suffer unless they too decide they need to do this as well.

Interesting to contemplate.

The classic collector problem that i face almost every month.Where do i put my limited funds when all around me there are items i want.Don't get me wrong, with all that goes on in the world this is not a REAL problem but it is a quandary we face on a regular basis.Brad has really nailed it here,do we continue collecting for instance a range we have collected for ages but miss out on a Tank that won't be around for long?.It can change the whole way we collect and who we collect from.At the moment i am trying to split my collecting budget three ways,and its not a situation that can go on forever i'm afraid.Oh well,'cross that bridge' etc.

Rob

I just ordered the new club figure. It looks good and I will find a space for it. I order every club figure that comes out.

I think there is an oversupply of WW2 production now. That is a personal opinion based on no longer being able to buy almost everything WW2 that comes out. K&C has long been the volume leader, but now Figarti has increased the number of armour pieces they are producing and introducing them at a faster pace. CS is introducing more armour at lower prices. HB and now Gunn are making high quality figure sets. And FL has introduced a high end range of WW2. There are a few other makers of WW2 I have not mentioned as I have none of their items.

I can't see this many companies being successful in the WW2 range with so many models coming out so quickly. And one manufaturer and one dealer have said sales volume of WW2 ranges has gone down in the recession. Have no idea if that is correct or not?

Terry

Also, do sales go up around anniversary dates and drop off for a couple of years after? We just had the 65th anniversary for D-Day, which generated a lot of publicity, but American Civil War is approaching the 150th anniversary.

That may because it's available through the Australian dealers, probably similar to the Crimean Range.

Looked at the Military Workshop and don't see anything. In fact, when you go one of the ranges on there, there are no photos. Maybe Brett can explain.

Agree with both of you, very nice figure. However, IMO, it will no go with the DD range as they are not the same size and too different in style.

Agree with both of you, very nice figure. However, IMO, it will no go with the DD range as they are not the same size and too different in style.

Harvey I meant the new matte series from WB that is due to come out this month/next month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back