New here, Question time! (1 Viewer)

wiiwhitey

Private
Hey guys I'm new here. Been a Forces of Valor 1:72 collector for a few years now. I was wondering what has happened this year? I was not able to find the Elephant or Panther at any retail store, only that stupid Bravo Team stuff at Target and some older repacks at TRU. I just ended up ordering the Elephant online but does anyone know a retail store that is carring them other than a hobby shop? All my hobby stores have gone out of buisness last year. LMK Thanks

I know there are FOV people out there somewhere - give them time, they'll fine you!

Welcome aboard!

Target and TRU no longer stock WW2 items from forces of valor they only stock modern bravo team which is of inferior quality to their previous modern releases.

Target and TRU no longer stock WW2 items from forces of valor they only stock modern bravo team which is of inferior quality to their previous modern releases.

Well my TRU still stocks WWII. They recently got in King Tiger, Tiger, Sherman, & Corshair re-packs/re-paints. All 1:72

It seems that FoV is "catch as catch can". There doesn't seem to be a lot of rhyme or reason behind their distribution. They tried to go for the mass market early on with some marketing through WalMart (several items sold under the WM "Motorworks" label). They also wanted the hobby shops and toy soldier shops to carry their Enthusiast Grade items at $50++ per item then released the same items through TRU at 10% less, then they couldn't figure out why the toy soldier shops didn't reorder. They had a deal with Traget but, as mentioned before, Target doesn't care about the WW2 stuff. They are now carrying the modern Bravo Team equipment that isn't built to the same standard of detail as the older models (although that Stryker looks like a builder could do some detailing and have a nice model). The Elefant and GMC truck were released through Target for about $25 (Circa 2007-08) and disapperared rapidly. THe last batch I saw were at a TRU in Omaha and I now wish I had picked up a couple more GMC trucks at that price. The 1/72 stuff shows up on a shelf periodically but scattered - no consistent stocking pattern.

So, yes there are other FoV fans out here, but Unimax almost seems to be working against us with a disorganized distribution system.

Gary B.

My Target doesn't stock them either, however if you go on the Website Target.com they have them online.
-Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

Back