New Jersey Toy Soldier Show August 8, 2021 - NEW LOCATION in Wayne (1 Viewer)

tdubel

Major
Ok, just got the word, there will be a Toy Soldier Show in New Jersey this summer!

The show details:

Sunday August 8th, 2021

Time - 9AM to 3PM

Where:

Wayne Police Athletic League (PAL)
1 Pal Dr
Wayne, NJ 07470

Looks like a nice venue, easy to get to!

Tom

Thanks Julie.

Yes, slight change in Location. This venue has plenty of space, tables, etc and a good caterer to boot!

Tom

Yeah, the Wayne Police Athletic League Center (PAL) is a nice facility. The New Jersey IPMS club stages its annual MosquitoCon show there (coming up on the 31st), and the New Jersey Historical Miniatures Associates have held one or two shows there in the last couple years, as they try to jumpstart their show (used to be at the Ukrainian church in Somerville). And as Tom said, it's easy to get to.

Prost!
Brad

Yeah, the Wayne Police Athletic League Center (PAL) is a nice facility. The New Jersey IPMS club stages its annual MosquitoCon show there (coming up on the 31st), and the New Jersey Historical Miniatures Associates have held one or two shows there in the last couple years, as they try to jumpstart their show (used to be at the Ukrainian church in Somerville). And as Tom said, it's easy to get to.

Prost!
Brad

Yes, the club ran it there twice after it was mothballed for a year, moving it killed it, another show that is long gone, a real shame, loved it at the Ukrainian Cultural Center, a nice hotel right across the street and a great Italian restaurant a few miles away.

Yes, the club ran it there twice after it was mothballed for a year, moving it killed it, another show that is long gone, a real shame, loved it at the Ukrainian Cultural Center, a nice hotel right across the street and a great Italian restaurant a few miles away.

I got to visit it a couple times back in the late 90s. I got my copy of Duffy's "Army of Frederick the Great" there. They had a judged exhibition, too, if I recall.

Didn't they suffer a visit from NJ's Department of the Treasury, too, checking vendors' tax info? I seem to recall that it was their show, and that was a final push that ended their original run of shows.

Prost!
Brad

I got to visit it a couple times back in the late 90s. I got my copy of Duffy's "Army of Frederick the Great" there. They had a judged exhibition, too, if I recall.

Didn't they suffer a visit from NJ's Department of the Treasury, too, checking vendors' tax info? I seem to recall that it was their show, and that was a final push that ended their original run of shows.

Prost!
Brad

The visit came when I was working for Bill Murphy of Excalibur fame; his stand was the first one they came to, he had his tax certificate in the cash box, he was up to date ,no problem.................I know as word spread the tax people showed up, dealers in the back of the hall were frantically packing and running for the door.....................Imrie Risley if I recall really got whacked as did several other vendors.

I was a vendor there when you came in the late 1990's, it was still a viable show then, had gone from a two day show to a one day show.............then it took a year off, moved to Wayne, the first show wasn't bad, the second one was a complete disaster, I think they ran it one or two more times in August and it was a tire fire, so that was that....................

REMINDER - Show is this Sunday for all you Noreasters! Come out and find some treasures. Personally, besides having a Stock from Treefrog with new/recent releases from the major manufacturers, I will also have a large selection of Aeroart duplicates from my collection as well as a number of Artisan figures and figurines from many famous miniature painters. There is a large number I do not sell on ebay due to fragility, so if you like these kind of figures, I will have a very nice selection.

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread

Back