New K&C M5A1 Stuart came today!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Firebat said:
Carlos.....I agree, I think you left out Figarti....................Alex

OOPs you're right Firebat, I did forget Figarti. Sorry Rick.

I have a number of there US Marines and the Stuart (Treefrog Limited Edition #5) is wonderful too. I look forward to there new Pacific release this Summer too. Their new Iraqi US Army/ Marines keep calling me too.

Carlos

desk11desk12 said:
OOPs you're right Firebat, I did forget Figarti. Sorry Rick.

I have a number of there US Marines and the Stuart (Treefrog Limited Edition #5) is wonderful too. I look forward to there new Pacific release this Summer too. Their new Iraqi US Army/ Marines keep calling me too.

Carlos

Carlos
I know we have covered this ground before, but if you had to pick one company, who has the absolute smallest figures that would work best with FOV? The only 1/32 stuff I have is Conte ...Alex

Firebat said:
Carlos
I know we have covered this ground before, but if you had to pick one company, who has the absolute smallest figures that would work best with FOV? The only 1/32 stuff I have is Conte ...Alex

Sorry Firebat,

I don't mean to duck your question but I really have a favorite between those 1/32 companies. It all depends on the diorama I'm building and poses I need to fill them.

Carlos

Firebat said:
I have information from reliable sources that Honour Bond will be heavily pursuing the realism aspect.

That is absolutely correct. Ana and Daniel will not make anything that is not historically accurate.

I also collect the various 1-32 companies, but I really think the company to watch is Figarti.
There Iraq sets are my favorite. I,m not an exact scale guy, but FOV modern vehicles go just fine with the Iraq line.
What I,m really excited about is the upcoming Figarti Khe Sahn series.
In my opinion that,s what these new companies need to do, something other than the WW2 European theatre.
Gary

gk5717 said:
I also collect the various 1-32 companies, but I really think the company to watch is Figarti.
There Iraq sets are my favorite. I,m not an exact scale guy, but FOV modern vehicles go just fine with the Iraq line.
Gary

I needed that info....Thanks................Alex

Guys

See my pic under Toy Soldier Show London - Under general Discussion.

Pete kindly put it on there. This was the only Stuart we had as stiocks had not arrived so made a small 11"x11" diorama Bocage for it

Tony Neville
K&C UK

It's a nice little tank. For those who are concerned about the tracks, you won't be thrilled. In that respect the Figarti Honey tracks are better. In fact, when I first got the Honey I thought they might move.

In addition, the gun on the Stuart will not stay up, whereas on the Honey, it will if you want it to.

However, overall, a big hit on the Stuart.

Some people would consider my situation a problem (not being able to choose). I do not. The M5 has joined my list of favorite tanks. I am especially taken by the compactness of the model and the fine detailing (that more than makes up for the track situation).

Speaking of track situation. What would we have to complain about on the forum if K&C were to make a significant change in their styling. Perhaps this is Andy's way of causing a certain level of discontent among the "unwashed masses". With a small level of discontent, we are still willing to collect his models with a certain expectation that improvements are continuing. May be a mind game, but that is marketing.

Marketing uses some pretty deep reasonings for its methods. The reason why pricing is in odd numbers like $9.99, $10.49, etc. is not to give the impression of a lower price, it is instead the marketers attempt to remove the preditors eyes from the darkness of the campfire that surrounded our ancestors. $9.00 the double 0's represent those dangerous eyes and tend to register with our primal instincts to avoid and either fight or flee.

sceic2 said:
Speaking of track situation. What would we have to complain about on the forum if K&C were to make a significant change in their styling. Perhaps this is Andy's way of causing a certain level of discontent among the "unwashed masses". With a small level of discontent, we are still willing to collect his models with a certain expectation that improvements are continuing. May be a mind game, but that is marketing.

Hey, I took a shower this morning:D

Got all my new DD's today. The Stuart is indeed a little beaut. All others are KC quality as expected. Can't wait to get hold of the ambu-jeep.

N-P

sceic2 said:
Some people would consider my situation a problem (not being able to choose). I do not. The M5 has joined my list of favorite tanks. I am especially taken by the compactness of the model and the fine detailing (that more than makes up for the track situation).

Marketing uses some pretty deep reasonings for its methods. The reason why pricing is in odd numbers like $9.99, $10.49, etc. is not to give the impression of a lower price, it is instead the marketers attempt to remove the preditors eyes from the darkness of the campfire that surrounded our ancestors. $9.00 the double 0's represent those dangerous eyes and tend to register with our primal instincts to avoid and either fight or flee.

The Stuart is also one my favorite tanks. This little tank severed in in just about all combat areas and its job well as it for it's size. The Japaneses captured quite few at the start of the war and like them. The Germans liked them to.
These are 2 good books that cover the Stuart I have several more on the by different authors & publishers.

Tanks In Detail #2 M3-M3A1-A3 STUART I to V by Jonathan Forty
Tanks In Detail #8 Light Tank M5 & M5A1 STUART VI M8 HMC by Terry J. Gander Publisher Ian Allan

Looks like Andy may have got some his details from Tanks In Detail #8 for his new Strart.

Another good book I just got Sherman VC Firefly 200 color photos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back