New Line - Cold War? (1 Viewer)

Oh, Mr. Translator, are you busy?

We get this in Canada all the time. Their southern France grammer is terrible compared to the sophisticated Parisian phrases. :eek::D:D But here is what I make of it. Instead of making all the Naps for the English collectors (Brits and Americans), they want Andy to make a Collectors Club figure of Bigeard or they will restart the conflict in Algeria. Apparently, Andy has confirmed in an e-mail that the figurine of Bigeard would be available in several months. He doesn't want the Algerian conflict to restart as he may make a range out of it but couldn't politically if there was an actual war. :D:D

Terry

We get this in Canada all the time. Their southern France grammer is terrible compared to the sophisticated Parisian phrases. :eek::D:D But here is what I make of it. Instead of making all the Naps for the English collectors (Brits and Americans), they want Andy to make a Collectors Club figure of Bigeard or they will restart the conflict in Algeria. Apparently, Andy has confirmed in an e-mail that the figurine of Bigeard would be available in several months. He doesn't want the Algerian conflict to restart as he may make a range out of it but couldn't politically if there was an actual war. :D:D

Terry
I thought as much or that they wanted all of the Louisiana purchase back.:D:D -- Al

Hello Lancer

Perhaps do you want your first lesson in french?

best regards
Hello Lasalle. Appreciate the offer but I had my shot at learning the French language while in school. I was not very good at it:eek:. My command of my own language is hit or miss. I wish I could at least read French as it would open up a whole new world of study concerning the First World War. -- Al

Cold War Line ??? You can't be serious! Though i would like to see some POST-WAR GERMANS! (West German Army)

I'd like to see a "Checkpoint Charlie" scenario circa 1980, with MPs, East German guards, and civilians, with some lovely frauleins. But as you both mentioned, sets after WWII haven't proved popular in the past, perhaps recent events are to close and we all have personal and political opinions one way or the other. Two of my Great-Great Grandfathers were in the Union Army. I doubt if they would have kept a little 2 1/4 " statue of Nathan Bedford Forest on their shelf. On the other hand, for those who served there is a sense of pride and nostalgia, so you could make an argument either way.

Hello Lasalle. Appreciate the offer but I had my shot at learning the French language while in school. I was not very good at it:eek:. My command of my own language is hit or miss. I wish I could at least read French as it would open up a whole new world of study concerning the First World War. -- Al

Hello again,

Thanks, this forum is a good thing for us (frenchies) to improve our english. Sometimes I have some difficulties to understand some of your jokes , but I am trying to do my best!!! So about this topics, it would be nice to have a "general Bigeard" as collectors club figures...

best regards
Xavier

Users who are viewing this thread

Back