New line!!!! Wwi (1 Viewer)

The sculpting on this line is amazing! Really like the frightened soldier. So realistic.

Congratulations to WW1 collectors! These new figures look terrific! However, I am stuck in medieval times with Agincourt...!!!

Happy people everywhere...!!! :):):){sm3}

I collect from about 8 different makers in appreciable numbers, but First Legion is the only one that makes figures so stunning that I buy at least a little from virtually every range. These are no exception. I like dramatic displays with casualties, occasional civilians, and poignant poses. These WWI figures fit the latter perfectly.

Lots of great new lines being released from FL this fall. WWI is exciting and looks great, lots of potential material here to "dig" into. {sm3} The WWII FJ's are another area not well covered and they look magnificient. Dear me what's a collector to do.....so far I've resisted the temptation of WWI but my resolve is weakening!!! {sm2}

Oh NO!!!!!! I was wondering when First Legion would do this range. Ugh! Now there is even more lines out there I want to collect. :eek:

I have eye-balled FL's superb releases for a long time now, but have never pulled the trigger. With the release of the WW1 series, especially with the forth coming French, I will be a customer for sure. The German figures and the trench sections look amazing. The fact that they will also do Eastern Front is a sure grabber as well. I'm in for the Czar's army and the Austro-Hungarians. As someone once said, "I'm doomed. Doomed as can be." :wink2: -- Al

I have spent a long time studying the photos of these new German troops and all I can say is "Wow". I can't find anything incorrect in uniform, equipment, or weapons. The research appears faultless. They just look perfect. The sculpts are as good as anything I have seen, especially in terms of helmet and head proportions. I am quite excited by these releases and very pleased that FL has decided to do WW1. Can hardly wait for the French.:wink2:^&cool -- Al

I have eye-balled FL's superb releases for a long time now, but have never pulled the trigger. With the release of the WW1 series, especially with the forth coming French, I will be a customer for sure. The German figures and the trench sections look amazing. The fact that they will also do Eastern Front is a sure grabber as well. I'm in for the Czar's army and the Austro-Hungarians. As someone once said, "I'm doomed. Doomed as can be." :wink2: -- Al

You are a mind reader my friend. :salute:: I thought when I saw the words Somme/French you'd be a happy bunny. ^&grin I gotta say I am excited about these and the whole 2014 WW1 (possible)TS bonanza. Can't wait to see the Brits. Meantime I better start creating some battlefields for all these Soldiers I want!

Rob

I've started collecting W. H. Britains Somme range of British and Germans. As FL figures are at the "smaller" end of the 1/30 scale range the disparity between the ranges hopefully might not be too apparent. Looking forward to see what the British figures look like. As they were used for the first time on the Somme perhaps down the line there might even be a tank!

Another great range for collectors to choose from, had a chance to get a good look at the new WWI sets and they look superb, also love the new trenches in the works, looks like this range has generated alot of buzz here on the forum with current First Legion collectors and possibly some new First Legion collectors, but with the quality of this new range it's pretty easy to get excited about whether you collect them or not...Sammy

I've started collecting W. H. Britains Somme range of British and Germans. As FL figures are at the "smaller" end of the 1/30 scale range the disparity between the ranges hopefully might not be too apparent. Looking forward to see what the British figures look like. As they were used for the first time on the Somme perhaps down the line there might even be a tank!

I am in similar position but so far have only got Britain's Brits. Its going to be very hard choosing next year with at least three of the bigger companies making WW1 figures. I have it, I'll buy them all!!{eek3}.......the wife didn't hear that did she????:wink2:

Rob

You are a mind reader my friend. :salute:: I thought when I saw the words Somme/French you'd be a happy bunny. ^&grin I gotta say I am excited about these and the whole 2014 WW1 (possible)TS bonanza. Can't wait to see the Brits. Meantime I better start creating some battlefields for all these Soldiers I want!

Rob
Rob, the First World War is about to be overwhelmed by an embarrassment of riches. And about time. Until relatively recently the war has been very underrepresented. KC, JJD, Britains, SoW, and now FL all are offering top-notch collectibles. I don't mean to ignore the glossies that have always been around, but recognition from all these producers will now offer the collector an unequaled choice for this all-important conflict. Magnificent figures, aircraft, tanks, and other vehicles all now within our grasp. Now, which bank(s) too knock over... :rolleyes2: -- Al

Rob, the First World War is about to be overwhelmed by an embarrassment of riches. And about time. Until relatively recently the war has been very underrepresented. KC, JJD, Britains, SoW, and now FL all are offering top-notch collectibles. I don't mean to ignore the glossies that have always been around, but recognition from all these producers will now offer the collector an unequaled choice for this all-important conflict. Magnificent figures, aircraft, tanks, and other vehicles all now within our grasp. Now, which bank(s) too knock over... :rolleyes2: -- Al

You are spot on here Al, so far I have resisted one of JJ's superb WW1 Aircraft but to be honest I don't think my 2014 anniversary collecting year would be complete without one, so I think I might get one in London in December. As you say all those companies producing the goods but where to start. I think I will get these FL Jerries , more Britains Brits and then hold my reserves for K&C and FL Brits. Then I just need that JJ plane.

And then there are all the books and films/docu's in the ' forthcoming ' section of Amazon!{eek3}

I tell you what Al, you drive and I'll go in with the shotgun!{eek3}:wink2:

Rob

You are spot on here Al, so far I have resisted one of JJ's superb WW1 Aircraft but to be honest I don't think my 2014 anniversary collecting year would be complete without one, so I think I might get one in London in December. As you say all those companies producing the goods but where to start. I think I will get these FL Jerries , more Britains Brits and then hold my reserves for K&C and FL Brits. Then I just need that JJ plane.

And then there are all the books and films/docu's in the ' forthcoming ' section of Amazon!{eek3}

I tell you what Al, you drive and I'll go in with the shotgun!{eek3}:wink2:

Rob
It's a deal, my friend, but upon further reflection about needed funds, I'm now thinking Fort Knox is a more suitable target. Do you happen to have Auric Goldfinger's telephone number/address? -- Al

It's a deal, my friend, but upon further reflection about needed funds, I'm now thinking Fort Knox is a more suitable target. Do you happen to have Auric Goldfinger's telephone number/address? -- Al

Not sure I've got his Al, but I know a guy with a big truck and a crowbar!
Rob

I am in similar position but so far have only got Britain's Brits. Its going to be very hard choosing next year with at least three of the bigger companies making WW1 figures. I have it, I'll buy them all!!{eek3}.......the wife didn't hear that did she????:wink2:

Rob

I manged to pick up some Germans from a couple of nearby Modelzones, as they were closing down, a couple of months ago.

K & C seem to have captured the Palestine Theatre , with Thomas Gunn in support and next year I think they are going to launch a new 1914 Western Front range. John Jenkins seems to have achieved air superiority. My World War interest is the 1916-18 period which Britains and FL seem to be concentrating on and I'll try and stick with that!

I manged to pick up some Germans from a couple of nearby Modelzones, as they were closing down, a couple of months ago.

K & C seem to have captured the Palestine Theatre , with Thomas Gunn in support and next year I think they are going to launch a new 1914 Western Front range. John Jenkins seems to have achieved air superiority. My World War interest is the 1916-18 period which Britains and FL seem to be concentrating on and I'll try and stick with that!

Well said. It really looks like us WW1 enthusiasts are in for a treat over the next four years!

Rob

While I don't consider myself a macabre kind of guy, if you look at our British 5th Foot release for AWI who were attacking Bunker Hill you'll get an idea of where my head is at with this. Sometimes you need the casualties when appropriate to tell the story correctly. I think this is one of those times and hopefully collectors will agree because normally the wounded and dead aren't exactly top sellers! :(

Ok, am off now as the mid-autumn festival holiday is beginning here so if anyone has additional questions, please don't hesitate to email.

Best,

Matt

Matt:

I just picked up RUSSTAL017. I am one of those that love the wounded and dead releases. My only gripe is that there are not enough of them. You either end up with very few casualties in dioramas or you end up with a battle scene that looks like a bunch of identical twins were killed and wounded.

Hi Matt,

Any chance the WW1 figs might be in London next month?

Cheers

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back