New Oliver Jolly Scenics (2 Viewers)

Andanna

Command Sergeant Major
Mine arrived last week. Not yet certain whether I will use them in a larger diorama or keep them on my glass shelf displays. I did set them up quickly last night out of curiosity, though.

4605-B981-52-DE-4330-88-D7-BEF3774426-EF.jpg

01-A29419-0-ABE-4598-B208-65-B4025-D10-FB.jpg

I really like these new Scenics and can only recommend them. Ultimately, I plan to use them with Napoleonics.

20885-E55-7-D27-42-B4-9-E19-357-E2383-E566.jpg

8271227-E-CAAE-42-ED-ACB8-76-CC294-D8264.jpg

EAA14932-09-CB-4-B7-C-B46-D-A422633-DE4-E5.jpg

E2-CAC8-AE-2-D0-B-4934-BE30-EA66-C12-D0974.jpg

2488-DA91-D6-F9-48-C4-A953-221-A55599-CC3.jpg

I'm impressed. These seem to have a quality similar to that of Hudson & Allen scenics, and that is meant is a big compliment. :salute::

Very impressive indeed! So life-like and realistic too! Like Louis said.....right up there with H&A.

Congratulations on adding these fine pieces.

Mark

His stonework is outstanding! From the intricate and careful carving for realistic shapes, to his texturing, to the coloring, just outstanding!

And I like the use of the Miraculous Medal casting in the archway, too ;)

Prost!
Brad

I had to think for a minute about Louis’ comparison of Ollie’s and Ken’s scenics and here are my initial observations:

Ollie’s are solid polystone and very heavy. Ken’s are foam. Polystone can break, foam can warp. Foam is cheap to ship; heavy objects are expensive to ship.
Ollie’s stone walls are multi-colored, Ken’s are more uniform.
Ken has complex models with windows, doors etc., Ollie’s are simpler and doors etc are not functional.
I think both are meeting 1/30 scale and are generic enough to be used in large parts of Europe. I would use the simpler of Ollie’s buildings starting the 15th century, Ken’s several centuries later because of the use of mass produced brick (subject to debate).
Damage to the buildings is severe and I would not use any damaged buildings from either Ken or Ollie before 1914.

This all is of course highly subjective.

I was so impressed by Ollie's work, I made a small order and 'boom' a few weeks later they arrived here in perfect condition all the way from the UK to little old NZ.

Absolutely thrilled with the facades and buildings and aim to make further purchase's.

All the items were extremely well packed and arrived via Fed-ex to my door.

Communicating with him was also very quick and easy and most enjoyable.

Cheers Toddy

Cool. Love all the extra rubble and damaged timber too.

Ollie's such a nice bloke as well and his packing is first-class. My items travelled all the way to NZ and arrived in perfect condition. :salute::

First off, thanks Andreas for starting this thread. Much appreciated! Thanks for the kind words and support. Same to Toddy, and all valued customers. Cheers all.

I've just finished producing a new piece so I thought I'd where it here.

LRG-DSC04570.jpg

Ive tried a new teqnique with this product. It's made with Normandy in mind, but it wouldn't look out of place in various other times and places. As a collector I like realistic backdrops which convey a sense of place and create a realistic setting.

It's casted in strong plaster and hand painted. As usual it will be well packed and braced for shipping and sent in a custom produced double walled box. I pride myself on getting my products delivered safely all across the world.

This is a space saving shelf backer design.

Weight: 1.3kg
Width: 38cm
Height: 24cm
Thickness 2.7cm

Price £89.99 with free UK shipping. I've listed on my eBay store and will post a link on this forums eBay section.

Any questions?

All the best,
Ollie

Hi all. New building available. I've listed it on the eBay page of the forum if you'd like one. Cheers

regards,
Ollie

LRG-DSC05015.jpg

LRG-DSC05019.jpg

LRG-DSC05027.jpg

LRG-DSC04918.jpg

LRG-DSC04912.jpg

Hi all. New building available. I've listed it on the eBay page of the forum if you'd like one. Cheers

regards,
Ollie

LRG-DSC05015.jpg

LRG-DSC05019.jpg

LRG-DSC05027.jpg

LRG-DSC04918.jpg

LRG-DSC04912.jpg
I bought one for my Franco Prussian War diorama. Photos once it arrives and gets set up.:salute::

I think these are fantastic...
they don't work for me as I mostly collect Ancients...
but I can see where just about anything else will work with them...
great job!!!

That house could be found in a wide range of countries in western and Central Europe, correct?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back