NEW RELEASE: Boudicca chariot (1 Viewer)

The Collectors Showcase

Staff Sergeant
NEW RELEASE: BOUDICCA CHARIOT!

TCS is thrilled to offer our latest Barbarian Chariot. This time we've featured Boudicca the warrior queen. This set includes the rider and if you prefer a Barbarian King instead we have issued the chariot with that figure as well. These are new Holiday releases that are currently beginning to ship. Keep those eyes peeled for more new additions to our great Holiday Catalog. Order these limited edition sets on our site: www.thecollectorsshowcase.com

Happy Holidays!

Tally Hooooo!

Brian

CS01087TREE.jpg
CS01088TREE.jpg

Come this morning Boadicée.jpg Superb figures on a superb team - reattachment of the reins in the hand of the queen somewhat delicate however IMG20210202103729.jpg

Here against FORCES OF VALOR/UNIMAX mounted Roman and EAST OF INDIA ballista : IMG20210202104030.jpg IMG20210202104038.jpg

The Boudicca chariot figure is awful, she was a middle age [equal to present day] Briton Tribal Queen, not some surgically enhanced dark haired baywatch character. Looks like the type of a thing a hormone raging 14 year old would design or you would see in one those awful Japanese fantasy comics.

The Boudicca chariot figure is awful, she was a middle age [equal to present day] Briton Tribal Queen, not some surgically enhanced dark haired baywatch character. Looks like the type of a thing a hormone raging 14 year old would design or you would see in one those awful Japanese fantasy comics.

Yes, I totally agree with these comments, thanks for posting them :)

John

Please, only constructive criticism so that the company can improve product quality, thank you.

Napoleonic pin-ups (2).JPG Le Culte des Chats d'Ishtar (3).jpg

Please, only constructive criticism so that the company can improve product quality, thank you.

Each to their own ! Though I think it would be a faster seller if more in keeping with historical costume for this historical figure.

The K&C Egyptian dancing girls are historically pretty accurate as anyone who's interested in Ancient Egypt will very likely know. I've seen similar poses to K&C dancing girls myself in Ancient Egyptian Tombs and Temples.

The K&C Napoleonic whimsies could even be said to be based on some French women who dressed as soldiers to be with their lovers.

The CS chariot design looks very nice though a little undersized, but really trying to pass the figure off as Boudicca. Laughable !

Thank You. I had to laugh at that one. And I needed that today.

They should make 2 versions,the gorgeous one and an old hag.^&grin^&grin^&grin
Mark

I agree a nice traditional Boudicca one and all on a single base I would have purchased it without a second though

the celt king alternative is nice , but again prefer single large base

I can't believe I've only just seen this? It's a great decision to offer the two figures. I'll probably go with the king. I'm just thrilled to have a second chariot to break my Roman line. I really like this range!

Interesting comments about Boudicea and historical accuracy.

Since CS is in the business of trying to sell as many items as possible it is hardly surprising that they would choose to portray her as a Xena warrior type rather than a middle aged woman. The Xena type is going to sell more than a middle aged woman. It would not be surprising if she has sold more than the male chariot option.

Interesting comments about Boudicea and historical accuracy.

Since CS is in the business of trying to sell as many items as possible it is hardly surprising that they would choose to portray her as a Xena warrior type rather than a middle aged woman. The Xena type is going to sell more than a middle aged woman. It would not be surprising if she has sold more than the male chariot option.
Historical accuracy.............. :rolleyes: Now that really is opening up a whole can of worms........... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back