New Release: Lichterfelde Barracks! (1 Viewer)

The Collectors Showcase

Staff Sergeant
New Release: Lichterfelde Barracks Redux!

If I only had a dollar for every time folks wanted us to bring back the Lichterfelde Barracks diorama set I’d be rich! Well that's just what we're doing: we thought it just perfect to do a short run of a great seller. We’ll get just 100 sets of this incomparable diorama in in three weeks. And for good measure we added the Fuhrer and more minions: just in case you needed to bone up on more metal sets. This release is due in at the end of the month. Pre-order with us or your favorite dealer. More goodies to come for this release, so keep those ears to the rail!

Cheers!

Brian

996&995POP.jpg
LAH.jpg

Last edited:
Great set Brian. I have the original which I have working with for a layout I am doing, just in last fortnight. What a coincidence, thought this long gone and retired, but here it is again. Can recommend it, quite a versatile piece, flags can be left off showing just barracks. Robin.

The set comes in three sections, each with a piece of road and a separate barracks wall that fits into slots. The four pillars also sit in slots. The flags can be hung further along the facade covering other windows if desired. The stature fit into slots also. Some minor differences from the original set released many years ago in that there was a 'wall cap' along the top, which this latest set does not have and also there was a rung fence either side of the soldier statue. Otherwise it appears identical. Really nice piece. Robin.

Brian may point out other aspects I have not seen.

Brilliant set! I've got the original one and I love it.
I think the "problem" was that many collectors (like myself) purchased four of the barrack sections (makes it even more impressive) so they which sold out first.

But also the Dutch Building Wall sections where extremly nice. Glad I got several of them {sm4}

Thanks Brian

Any idea of price yet ?

CS00995 LAH Barracks Side Section1 Carton $159.90
CS00996 LAH Barracks Wall with Column Façade w/accessories 2 Cartons $239.90
CS00997 LAH Hitler $37.90
CS00998 LAH Marcher $37.90
CS00999 LAH Marcher Officer $37.90
CS01000 LAH Marcher Flagbearer $37.90

The set comes in three sections, each with a piece of road and a separate barracks wall that fits into slots. The four pillars also sit in slots. The flags can be hung further along the facade covering other windows if desired. The stature fit into slots also. Some minor differences from the original set released many years ago in that there was a 'wall cap' along the top, which this latest set does not have and also there was a rung fence either side of the soldier statue. Otherwise it appears identical. Really nice piece. Robin.

Do you have a picture of your setup? In particulate the "wall cap."

Do you have a picture of your setup? In particulate the "wall cap."

I will do a photo shoot this weekend which may give you some idea of the original set, although just for the moment I will be adding an additional facade across the centre piece for the display I have in mind. I have ordered the new set sides to add to my set, giving it extra width. If you are interested you will find it on my diorama thread in the dio section of the forum, 'time on my hands at last' and I will post mid next week. The cap is like a cement beam running across the top, no big deal that it is not present in the new one, should still abutt nicely with the new wings. Robin.

I will do a photo shoot this weekend which may give you some idea of the original set, although just for the moment I will be adding an additional facade across the centre piece for the display I have in mind. I have ordered the new set sides to add to my set, giving it extra width. If you are interested you will find it on my diorama thread in the dio section of the forum, 'time on my hands at last' and I will post mid next week. The cap is like a cement beam running across the top, no big deal that it is not present in the new one, should still abutt nicely with the new wings. Robin.

Hi Robin, Keep us posted with your new pics on this building set. :salute::

Wayne

Decided to post early than mid week on my thread. Note Wayne it is the original set, but on this display I wanted to use the facade door across the Middle section, which does not go with the set. As stated I plan to add the extra side wings to extend the barracks width to 6 windows each side of the centre piece. From the historic photos there are 8 windows each side, but I will be happy with 6, close enough.
Robin.

Original set with new additional sides, reasonable match. Robin.

Attachments

• DSCN0675.jpg
    DSCN0675.jpg
    254.1 KB · Views: 364
  • DSCN0676.jpg
    DSCN0676.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 366
Thank very much for posting the photos Robin . New barracks building does not look as good with the concrete plinth missing from the top for a start ? Thank

Users who are viewing this thread

Back