New Release: U-96 (2 Viewers)

Maybe I misread it, but the size of the whole CS is 27 inches which is 30% scale wise for this sub, which is 9 inches for 10% of the sub times 10 for 100%. 9 times 10 is 90 inches. With that large of a ship, its probably going to need half a room for itself, to show it.
And if the collector has a wife or girlfriend, a very forgiving better half, to have this displayed. By the way I am barely six feet which means the whole sub will be taller/ bigger than me.
I think the 27 inch sub will suffice thank you.

Here's a compromise, why doesn't Brian consider making the bow and stern sections but both sections shorter than the actual length?? In other words use a bit of artistic licence and complete the sub but not in the actual dimensions so as to make it affordable and also so people can fit it in there collections. It won't be 100% accurate but it may look good and better than having the incomplete sub in it's current form. Anyway, just my thoughts and it will be good to hear opinions on this.

Tom

Here's a compromise, why doesn't Brian consider making the bow and stern sections but both sections shorter than the actual length?? In other words use a bit of artistic licence and complete the sub but not in the actual dimensions so as to make it affordable and also so people can fit it in there collections. It won't be 100% accurate but it may look good and better than having the incomplete sub in it's current form. Anyway, just my thoughts and it will be good to hear opinions on this.

Tom

Yes ... TS collectors are very forgiving of historical inaccuracies!

Tom

Tom, that seems like a good compromise. However, its would be interesting to see how the individual modules are selling as currently offered. Are collectors buying the "whole enchilada," or are certain sections selling better than others? A couple of years back, a manufacturer aired a criticism of the entire concept by pointing out that there was no way of knowing what would get snapped up and what would be left languishing in a corner of dealer stock rooms. I don't know if that concern was central to the CS approach to the modules, but it certainly seems worth considering.

-Moe

Well, for sure the conning tower is the first one that collectors will be getting, if they are buying one piece at a time like me... the way I am thinking is, I have a two hundred dollar budget every 3 weeks to four, I should have the complete set by November, or by Christmas. And I will have the latest shock and awe piece.
And with the piece meal idea, my belief is that the whole boat idea is where you will not sell out.. And Brian will lose money on this venture....

Yes ... TS collectors are very forgiving of historical inaccuracies!

Now, now Marty, I detect the sarcasm meter rising...^&grin

Tom, that seems like a good compromise. However, its would be interesting to see how the individual modules are selling as currently offered. Are collectors buying the "whole enchilada," or are certain sections selling better than others? A couple of years back, a manufacturer aired a criticism of the entire concept by pointing out that there was no way of knowing what would get snapped up and what would be left languishing in a corner of dealer stock rooms. I don't know if that concern was central to the CS approach to the modules, but it certainly seems worth considering.

-Moe

Yes Moe, this would be a concern and I got no real answer other than making less of the sections that wouldn't sell so well. There may still be sections left over even if this was done or they would all be sold out with people still wanting the sections to complete the sub. It's a dilemma I guess.

Tom

Brian should consider the pieces for the full boat to be made by subscription. X number of subscriptions at 50% of retail price triggers the production run. A win/win scenario for everyone.

The center section will than sell out no matter who wants what. When is the only remaining question to be answered regarding the completion sections.

Well, for sure the conning tower is the first one that collectors will be getting, if they are buying one piece at a time like me... the way I am thinking is, I have a two hundred dollar budget every 3 weeks to four, I should have the complete set by November, or by Christmas. And I will have the latest shock and awe piece.
And with the piece meal idea, my belief is that the whole boat idea is where you will not sell out.. And Brian will lose money on this venture....

With a 200 piece production. It is already small. It's going to be rough, with a subscription. Will Brian commit to it, with things being wanted/ planned, would h e sacrifice the time and resources for a smaller demand.... Specially since the folks that did order it, might be content with how it is right now. But I guess it is all up to it being a sell out, then it might just happen....
I can hardly wait for it to come out. at the start of the week, I am wishing that it would get released, so I can continue the excitement of buying the next piece....

With a 200 piece production. It is already small. It's going to be rough, with a subscription.
Last I read he's only got 20 left from the first batch. I think that was around 100. They seem to be selling like hotcakes.
I can't wait for mine!

.... Fingers crossed, that it will come soon. Would love to know in the forum once it starts shipping.

Any news Brian?, We would love to see this. And any news would be greatly appreciated.

Any news Brian?, We would love to see this. And any news would be greatly appreciated.

It seems we're to start shipping at the end of next week. HA! 15 U-96's remaining from the first shipment! I guess size really doesn't matter! ^&grin

We're gonna be busy!^&grin

Cheers!

Brian

😃😃, Yey!!!!, this is gonna be great!!!, time to plan for the next piece. Ty Brian for letting us who can not afford everything in one go, be able to buy it a piece at a time. Looking forward to the conning tower.😃😃

In three days, we will start hearing those great words to any collector "order shipped".... 😁. This is going to be great!!!....

In a very positive way this piece has already created a ton of interest and discussions. I personally think it is going to be well received. Once again, a tip of the cap to Brian and Collector's Showcase for this addition to our great hobby.

It seems we're to start shipping at the end of next week. HA! 15 U-96's remaining from the first shipment! I guess size really doesn't matter! ^&grin

We're gonna be busy!^&grin

Cheers!

Brian

As mentioned/ hinted before any new shock and awe pieces made will be greatly received/ appreciated by collectors. And to celebrate, what about an E-boat next.... I am just saying,.😇😇

To the collectors that will have the notices Friday and the weekend. Happy!! U-boat shipped day!!! 😀!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back