New Releases for February 2018 - The Conquest of America (1 Viewer)

jjDesigns

Sergeant
NEW RELEASES FOR FEBRUARY 2018
THE CONQUEST OF AMERICA
THE AZTEC EMPIRE

The Aztec Empire flourished between c. 1345 and 1521 and, at its greatest extent, covered most of northern Mesoamerica. Aztec warriors were able to dominate their neighbouring states and permit rulers such as Motecuhzoma II to impose Aztec ideals and religion across Mexico. Highly accomplished in agriculture and trade, the last of the great Mesoamerican civilizations was also noted for its art and architecture which ranks amongst the finest ever produced on the continent.

The empire continued to expand from 1430 and the Aztec military - bolstered by conscription of all adult males, men supplied from allied and conquered states, and such elite groups as the Eagle and Jaguar warriors - swept aside their rivals. Aztec warriors wore padded cotton armour, carried a wooden or reed shield covered in hide, and wielded weapons such as a super sharp obsidian sword-club (macuahuitl), a spear or dart thrower (atlatl), and bow and arrows. Elite warriors also wore spectacular feathered and animal skin costumes and headdresses to signify their rank. Battles were concentrated in or around major cities and when these fell the victors claimed the whole surrounding territory. Regular tributes were extracted and captives were taken back to Tenochtitlan for ritual sacrifice. In this way the Aztec empire came to cover most of northern Mexico, an area of some 135,000 square kilometres.

AZ-11
THE CONQUEST OF AMERICA,
THE AZTEC EMPIRE,
AZTEC CAPTAIN WITH XOLOTL-HEAD STANDARD,
(1pc)
AZ-11.jpg

AZ-11_2_.jpg

The “tlahuiztli” was a tight fitting body suit constructed of woven cotton and then decorated with a variety of patterns and designs in feathers. It had an open back that could be tied up with ribbons.
Captains and high ranking units wore various back ornaments, constructed of bark paper, cloth and feathers. They were secured to a cane back rack which in turn was ties across the chest with leather straps.

AZ-11_3_.jpg

**PLEASE CONTACT YOUR LOCAL DEALER FOR FURTHER INFORMATION**

Best release so far in this line. Very well done. Hopefully a Moctezuma II is in the works down the line.

Not my particular cup of tea, but this is a beautiful figure. Well done JJD!

Brendan

That is one fine looking Commander overlooking his charging Warriors {bravo}}
Order placed :wink2:

Konrad

Got my Aztec Captain today...
AZ-11...
he is the shiznit!
John is killing these figures...
this guy is a showpiece stand alone by himself...

Picked mine up this afternoon and now providing company with the other Aztec figures

Mark

I need to ask John why is that piece of white cloth placed so strategically.... Does it mean something?

My Captain arrived this afternoon.
A truly wonderful figure.

Konrad

This latest release looks great, but surely it's time for some Conquistadors. Hopefully next month...

I do hope we see some Conquistadores very soon although I'd think Montezuma would come first. Maybe we will see some Spanish in a couple of months.

Still have three more Aztec warriors to be released from the prototype photo. I would guess they will be released first before we see any Conquistadores.

Attachments

• azpic-hero.jpg
    azpic-hero.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 424
The Codex Mendoza - answer direct from John!

Received my figure and must say this is one of the best figure release I have purchased. Detail is amazing!

Loving the Aztecs - will try and inbox all releases so far later, but these are the latest additions;

CF28C026-7537-4BD8-9B6D-F6A5E51B831F.jpeg

47B04DCF-8F17-4963-95CB-DE05E6051C7A.jpeg

I've recommended it before but William Prescott's book "The History of the Conquest of Mexico" is an excellent read about the Aztecs. There is quite a bit of academic information but also a rousing story with the appearance of the conquistadors. A nice balance of detail and action.

My copies of the last releases arrived as well, which brings me up to date again. The three new warriors are very cool and dynamic, even if they are lower caste warriors.

Will try to find some time to take pictures of all of them to update my blog (and post here of course). :smile2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back