New Spring 2012 Issue of Collector is UP (2 Viewers)

OldDragon

Master Sergeant
Say Guys

The New issue of the Collector has just been posted on K&C's site.

OD

Cover.jpg

P1.jpg

P2.jpg

P3.jpg

P4.jpg

P21.jpg

P22.jpg

P23.jpg

I'm just loading last page and did a double take when I saw my name on it !!!{eek3}^&grin

Rob

I wonder if the Tommy for FOB and US MP are new figs?

Rob

What a coincidence that I had that picture of French 1914 soldiers mobilization in my mind and created the attached diorama on my shabby IKea shelf

P1120002a.jpg

I am elated to hear that Andy is inspired by Edouard Detaille's illustrations. I wonder if he had the original French edition of his 2 volume book (which costs $900+) with lots more colored illustration or the currently available edition on amazon with only 20 colored illustrations, the rest B&W

I hope that K&C will be produce more French 2nd empire subjects... but with the exclusive Crimea war retirement, I guess that period is not so popular

Also, K&C displayed a Diecast 1:32 WW1 Ford Ambulance on their German airfield diorama... I also bought a model T towncar from the same manufacturer for my French 1914 army display (in the photo) but it is undersized. I wish K&C will soon produce their own 1:30 great war cars

Rob, thanks for posting the latest Collector. It looks like a jam-packed issue of great stuff, for me. WW1 aircraft and WW1 French Infantry, my favorite subjects. Best issue, ever! ^&grin -- Al

Nice to hear that KC is doing Italo Balbo! An interesting character. The WWI planes look great. I particularly like the Udet version. And the captured T34 is a winner. Great stuff.

Rob, thanks for posting the latest Collector. It looks like a jam-packed issue of great stuff, for me. WW1 aircraft and WW1 French Infantry, my favorite subjects. Best issue, ever! ^&grin -- Al

My pleasure Al, it is indeed a superb issue packed with goodies!:smile2:

Rob

I wonder if the Tommy for FOB and US MP are new figs?

Rob

Rob i think the Tank Crewman and the MP are from the set BBA008 Wolf in Sheep's Clothes the FOB Tommy is FOB008...by the way look on page 21..there is a new SOE figure..seems like a lancer officer in Khaki uniform..just look on the left , near General Lee!

Rob i think the Tank Crewman and the MP are from the set BBA008 Wolf in Sheep's Clothes the FOB Tommy is FOB008...by the way look on page 21..there is a new SOE figure..seems like a lancer officer in Khaki uniform..just look on the left , near General Lee!
Kinda looks like Kitchener.:wink2: -- Al

Unfortunately, the cover of this Collector issue is Edouard Detaille's 1885 Rues À La Maison de Retour... NOT 1914

Are there subtle differences between the 1914 and 1885 uniforms?

Unfortunately, the cover of this Collector issue is Edouard Detaille's 1885 Rues À La Maison de Retour... NOT 1914

Are there subtle differences between the 1914 and 1885 uniforms?
Hi Oberstoskar. There would have been subtle differences between the uniforms but they would be very hard to pick out in the picture in question. For instance, the kepi being worn is correct for 1914 as it was adopted for wear in 1884. The rest of the 1914 uniform was adopted post 1885 but is similar in appearence. The double-breasted greatcoat being worn in the picture is indistinguishable from the one adopted in 1887, except for the red color tabs of the later model. All the equipment being used in 1914 was of post 1885 design, such as the rifle (1886), the pack (1893), the boots (1893), the braces (1892), the ammo pouches (1888, modified again in 1905). The only piece of kit that would be the same, besides the kepi, would be the canteen, designed in 1877. It is easy to see that the French Army of 1914 went to war in antiquated uniforms that were not so different from the 1885 uniform and only slightly more advanced than the uniform of 1870. The KC picture, while dated 1885, isn't inaccurate in general appearence. -- Al

P21.jpg

P22.jpg

P23.jpg

I'm just loading last page and did a double take when I saw my name on it !!!{eek3}^&grin

Rob

Rob, you made it to the big time!!!:):)..how cool to mentioned in the article about you and Andys conversations at the London show, defininitly save a extra copy of this one for the family!!...Sammy

Rob, you made it to the big time!!!:):)..how cool to mentioned in the article about you and Andys conversations at the London show, defininitly save a extra copy of this one for the family!!...Sammy

Cheers Sammy, I always enjoy having a chat with Andy in London and was happy to help with the dvd set. Good series that Danger UXB^&cool

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back