New vignettes for Chicago (1 Viewer)

This is stunning! Terrific use of the Village Green pieces with the Imperial Guard.

Brendan
Thanks so much! The lion’s share of the Village Green civilians have been for the Regency period (Napoleonic) and American Civil War so they can be used with various soldiers to tell a non-combat story. I am working on a Civil War display as the last one before the show with a variety of civilians. If everything goes well I will post pictures on Thursday as we head to Chicago on Friday morning.

Soldiers Everywhere…Here is a small pedestal base I finished the other day featuring 4 of the new French Imperial Guard due in this fall along with a few of our Village Green civilians. Ericka designed the period appropriate floral pattern for the strawberry seller’s dress, so I positioned her to see it. The H&A brick and stone gate gives the small diorama some presence and the laser cut iron gate is a nice see-through detail. All of these displays will be available to purchase during the show…but no shipping please.
That is very cool Ken. Good thing I’m not going. I’d want to purchase one of these.

We are headed to the Chicago show tomorrow and Ericka and I will have a room (to be determined) open on Saturday. All of these new displays will be set up to take a closer look at, along with a few other new items. I thought some of you that will not be able to make it might like to see a few more images…in this case the smaller rectangular dioramas. As much as I like large displays, often the smaller ones are more effective in telling a simple story.
Ken

Attachments

• IMG_6111.jpeg
    IMG_6111.jpeg
    541 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_6105.jpeg
    IMG_6105.jpeg
    581.6 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_6090.jpeg
    IMG_6090.jpeg
    573.7 KB · Views: 23
I finished the final diorama last night…Family, Friends and Neighbors. This one uses a selection of our Civil War period Village Green figures, an enhanced old growth tree and our small clapboard house with laser cut picket fencing (these last two items are direct only). We patterned some new furnishings to use in the interior of the house too, in this case the corner cabinet, pie safe and blanket chest. I will post a few more photos from different angles. I really like the way the fiddler turned out…but clearly he should be working!

Attachments

• IMG_6194.jpeg
    IMG_6194.jpeg
    380.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6162.jpeg
    IMG_6162.jpeg
    525.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2382.jpeg
    IMG_2382.jpeg
    460.8 KB · Views: 5
Here are a couple more photos of the Civil War period farmstead. Our frontier backdrop works pretty well with this one, but I will probably design a new one later this fall using our new corn. I thought it might be interesting to see what it looked like in Black & White too…more period appropriate!

Attachments

• IMG_6208.jpeg
    IMG_6208.jpeg
    427.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_6149.jpeg
    IMG_6149.jpeg
    407.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2363.jpeg
    IMG_2363.jpeg
    425.3 KB · Views: 7
I just realized that I forgot to include a photo of the house interior. We patterned a blanket chest, pie safe, corner cabinet, stove with pipes and a chest of drawers (not pictured) to fit out the room. A couple of our sets already includes tables and chairs to use…

Attachments

• IMG_2371.jpeg
    IMG_2371.jpeg
    455.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_6191.jpeg
    IMG_6191.jpeg
    487.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_6180.jpeg
    IMG_6180.jpeg
    315 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_6183.jpeg
    IMG_6183.jpeg