New Warrior Caste Figures. Compatible with TG? (1 Viewer)

BattlewagonBruce

Corporal
Here are some new Warrior Caste Finns for 1939 figures pictured with a pair of TG Germans.

Finn30-05.jpg

Finn30-06.jpg

Finn30-01.jpg

Interested in peoples opinion.

thanks

They look smaller than Thomas Gunn and the quality looks to be nowhere near as good as Thomas Gunn. Faces look all the same.

Very nice figures, but I wouldn't put them too close to the TG germans.

Hi Bruce, WW2 is not something I collect but I think they look great.
Agreed they are a touch smaller that TG.
Jas

These do look smaller than and not as detailed as T Gunn, they remind me of the Empire figures that the guy who used to work for W Britains, think his name was Malcolm [nice guy], released a few years ago. the faces look a bit odd to me, cannot put my finger on why, the figure with the helmet on, the helmet look huge almost a scale bigger.

Nice idea to look at battle/war which there is very few figures, figures uniform and weapons look accurate, poses look better than the Vikings you released. I saw the Vikings and thought their poses were stiff and unnatural, plus they are a bit too clean.

Why have you put this in the Thomas Gunn threads? Thought it was bad form for one manufacturer to put stuff on another manufacturer's thread and seen as a bit tactless, but i maybe a bit remiss of me as you could have contacted T Gunn and they are OK with it!

Good luck with the new Toy Soldier venture.

These do look smaller than and not as detailed as T Gunn, they remind me of the Empire figures that the guy who used to work for W Britains, think his name was Malcolm [nice guy], released a few years ago. the faces look a bit odd to me, cannot put my finger on why, the figure with the helmet on, the helmet look huge almost a scale bigger.

Nice idea to look at battle/war which there is very few figures, figures uniform and weapons look accurate, poses look better than the Vikings you released. I saw the Vikings and thought their poses were stiff and unnatural, plus they are a bit too clean.

Why have you put this in the Thomas Gunn threads? Thought it was bad form for one manufacturer to put stuff on another manufacturer's thread and seen as a bit tactless, but i maybe a bit remiss of me as you could have contacted T Gunn and they are OK with it!

Good luck with the new Toy Soldier venture.

Thanks for your comments. Always interested to see collectors opinions.

It should be noted the Finns wore the M1916 pattern WW1 german helmet which is much bigger and clumsy looking than it’s WW2 equivalent.

I apologise to TG if posting here is inappropriate.

Interesting figures Bruce. I did try to order some Varangian Guard figures through messaging on Warrior Caste website sometime ago but it must have got lost somehow.

Your figures do appear to be sculpted smaller and less chunky than TG and I suspect K&C, JJD and others. However I am always in the market for something different and may try again including a couple of Fins. I am no purist when it comes to mixing and matching figures.

Gary

Interesting figures Bruce. I did try to order some Varangian Guard figures through messaging on Warrior Caste website sometime ago but it must have got lost somehow.

Your figures do appear to be sculpted smaller and less chunky than TG and I suspect K&C, JJD and others. However I am always in the market for something different and may try again including a couple of Fins. I am no purist when it comes to mixing and matching figures.

Gary

Hi Gary. Email me at brucembonus@hotmail.co.uk and I will sort you out. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back