NJ Show canceled (1 Viewer)

HobbyBunker

Corporal
We just got news that the Toy Soldier Show in Hackensack, NJ has been canceled. There will be NO SHOW this weekend on Sunday 11/4. Will post any further news as we get it.
The University is running on generators and they cannot afford to use them for the show if the power does not come on. I reliable source has told me that Bill Lango asked me to spread the word.

We hope everyone who reads this is well and our thoughts are with those affected in the Tri-state area.

Thanks, Matt and Hobby Bunker

Thanks for posting that Matt, I was just going to do so myself.

As Matt said, there is no power in the area, the college needs the generators for the school.

Best of luck to all collectors in the area, hope things get back to normal for all of you sooner than later.........

Sorry to be missing it that is for sure, was looking forward to visiting! Main thing as echoed here is hope things get back to normal quickly!
Tom

Not surprised, the cleanup from Sandy will take a while. Oh, well, we'll see each other next year.

Prost!
Brad

Is the event at Jim Hilestad's still on? I couldn't make the show, but I was going to go to that....
-Sandor

Hi, Sandor! Hope you stayed dry down in Valley Forge.

Here's the relevant page at Hillestad's site:

http://www.the-toy-soldier.com/index.cfm?siteid=259&itemcategory=31973&priorId=0

He doesn't have any notice up that he's cancelling his open house, but you might want to shoot him an email to be sure.

Prost!
Brad

PS--turn your speakers off, before you go to his main page, he still has that obnoxious webpage design that uses audio when you land on the page.

We recieved an email from Jim Hillistad today and he has canceled his event this Saturday. He currently is without power. Hope everyone has a quick recovery from this awful storm!
All the Best,
Ericka

Thank you Matt for the update and thank you George for the show heads up email. What a bummer, but there are more important issues going on. GOD speed for everyone affected, you have my thoughts and best wishes.

There will always be another time and place for the simple pleasures of Toy Soldiers.

More important tasks are at hand at the moment.

Derek

The wargamers will be holding their show as planned, though, Fall-In, in Lancaster. So, if you were going to be in the area, you might want to head in the other direction and visit their show. Here's the detail page: http://www.fall-in.org/

Prost!
Brad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back