No more Russian Miniatures! (1 Viewer)

nysoldiers

Command Sergeant Major
I wonder if the current geo-political situation will end the import/export of Russian made figures. Buying anything Russian is problematic now.
Fortunately I stopped buying Russian made miniatures a long time ago. Happy I have some beautiful pieces still in my collection.

I don't think there will be any interruption in getting figures, or any products from Russia. Getting any products out of Ukraine will probably be impacted, though.

Prost!
Brad

With the sanctions they are imposing they may not be allowed to ship anything here.
Mark

I wonder if the current geo-political situation will end the import/export of Russian made figures. Buying anything Russian is problematic now.
Fortunately I stopped buying Russian made miniatures a long time ago. Happy I have some beautiful pieces still in my collection.
Yes, eventualy. Buying Russian made items is against the Policy of Western Governments, and for extremely an valid reason.

However, several possibilites exist from Ukraine. Ukraine, (HETMAN and also Tin Toys) are doing some brilliant figures right now. You can find them on E Bay. Despite the Russian Missile attacks on Kiev (they are based near there), they recently shipped us over fifty fine Metal unpainted Miniatures. Detail and Quality is good to excellent. They offer Ancients, and some Napoleonic, and so far just a few WW2 Figures all in Metal. Prices are very reasonable too. Most are made to 1/32 Scale with a few 75MM Figures too.

1720605943674.png

One of the Ukraineian seller, "Hetman's" Napoleonic figures. Available from Ukraine, in Limite Edition quntities, so first come first served.

1720606239563.png1720606239563.png

We support Ukraine as we can, by buying their figures. Every bit helps. It is terrible for me, because many years ago, I had a Daughter with a Russian lady, then living in the UK. We lost touch and God forbid that she is caught up now with Herr Putlers madness and dangerous "False Crusade" into Ukraine. I also was friends once with a Russian travel agent who was then based in Indonesia, from Moscow. They had links to to the State University there. Their son has been sent to fight for Putin it seems..... We have had no news for a long time but fear the very worset.

I was friends with people in Ukraine for many years, and used to write with them a lot. Now it is.....destruction and chaos every day. I saw the School where a friend of mine worked, blown to pieces by Russian tank shells. It was terribly harrowing. I have "nothing" against ordinary everyday Russians personaly, their Country is now in the hands of a dangerous madman. I find the Ukrainians rather more friendly....

So we support Ukraine by buying their figures when we can. To continue in "Business" in a war zone is really a heroic exploit, and deserves support. Yesterday lots of people had to duck for shelter in the underpass at Kiev Central Plaza Streets when a Russian Drone exploded nearby. French Tv actually were sheltering there with them and interviewed some of the people on live TV.....

I can’t speak for all Russian manufacturers but I know that Attica or parts of it have relocated from Russia and some of their artists come from and are in Ukraine. By boycotting all Russian manufacturers you are potentially hurting their Ukrainian artisans. It’s not a black and white issue.

I can’t speak for all Russian manufacturers but I know that Attica or parts of it have relocated from Russia and some of their artists come from and are in Ukraine. By boycotting all Russian manufacturers you are potentially hurting their Ukrainian artisans. It’s not a black and white issue.
True, you will find all kinds of pro and cons that is why the subject should be put to rest

I am not throwing away Russian artisans due to the rule of a tyrant. Ridiculous, I have continued to collect "full Russian" miniatures as I can through this tumultuous time. I also continue to drink full Russian Vodka as I am fortunate that I have a distributor that "backed up the proverbial" truck a few years ago and then I backed up my truck to the store. Life is too short to not enjoy quality miniatures and quality Vodka. The citizens are not the issue, it is as usual the government. IMO this idea of not buying Russian products is fully absurd. I am NOT into punishing craftsmen. Life is too short to not enjoy its fineries regardless of origin. If anyone wants to hold out principles then I think China would be the proper target.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back