NOR047 US M4 75mm Sherman Tank - 2nd Armored Division (2 Viewers)

Dear Collectors,

The wait is over and my new First Legion Sherman tank is now a part of my Normandy range collection. As you come to expect from Matt and the First Legion team, the tank (and its crew) is beautifully sculpted, painted and weathered, and it all comes wrapped up nicely in 1/30th scale. I eagerly await additional vehicle releases for this range from First Legion in the near future! Trust me, the stock photos of this beauty do it a grave injustice as to its overall quality.

For you Normandy collectors, this iconic tank is a "must have" for your respective collections!

Alex :smile2:^&cool{bravo}}

The wait looks to be worth the reward Alex!!! and agree the airborne figures should go along nicely with the new Sherman, glad to see you posting again...Sammy

Dear Collectors,

The wait is over and my new First Legion Sherman tank is now a part of my Normandy range collection. As you come to expect from Matt and the First Legion team, the tank (and its crew) is beautifully sculpted, painted and weathered, and it all comes wrapped up nicely in 1/30th scale. I eagerly await additional vehicle releases for this range from First Legion in the near future! Trust me, the stock photos of this beauty do it a grave injustice as to its overall quality.

For you Normandy collectors, this iconic tank is a "must have" for your respective collections!

Alex :smile2:^&cool{bravo}}

Hi Alex, any chance we can see some photos of this new beauty??...Sammy

I feel there could be a little more constructive criticism on some of these threads. It can't hurt, can it??? :)

The whole subject of the weapon on top of the Sherman is something of tangle. The M2, even when mounted on top of a tank, was really an anti-aircraft weapon. UK/CW units in France didn't mount it in most cases, I believe, because the Luftwaffe was no threat to their ground forces. The USA retained the weapon, but didn't use it much. It was just too dangerous for the tank commander to expose himself. The more prudent course of action was to use the main-gun or internally mounted MG(s) on a target. I think that I'd rather have a TC standing in the cupola hatch, but that's just my preference. Audie Murphy is depicted as repelling an attack with the .50 cal in his autobiographical pic, To Hell and Back, of course he's not the tank commander, either:

600px-THAB29.jpg

Guess that counts for something!:)

-Moe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back