Normandy 1944 in 1/72nd scale (1 Viewer)

Warrior

Lieutenant General
"Welcome to sunny France"....................

Attachments

• MVC-012F.JPG
    MVC-012F.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 218
  • MVC-011F.JPG
    MVC-011F.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 220
  • MVC-010F.JPG
    MVC-010F.JPG
    87 KB · Views: 286
  • MVC-009F.JPG
    MVC-009F.JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 220
  • MVC-008F.JPG
    MVC-008F.JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 270
more fun in the sun of France.........

Attachments

• MVC-001F.JPG
    MVC-001F.JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 112
  • MVC-005F.JPG
    MVC-005F.JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 131
  • MVC-006F.JPG
    MVC-006F.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 124
  • MVC-007F.JPG
    MVC-007F.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 174
Well that just tears it. it's 1/72 for me .Out goes all my 1/32 .

Great stuf as always George.

Well that just tears it. it's 1/72 for me .Out goes all my 1/32 . Great stuf as always George.

I volunteer to take out the stuff you don't want anymore. I will even come to your place and remove everything at no charge. ;) :rolleyes: :)

George those are some nice setups, I love all the hedgeing and ground work. Thats what I want to do in 54mm. Great Stuff, Mike:)

Thanks for the positive feedback; Fubar, you know anything you do in 54mm will blow away my displays, so don't go switching scales as it would cause Fishead to drive over here and pop me one right in the chops.........

Stop posting these awesome setups. Its making me want to open my 1/72 kits and figures and I don't have time to start new projects. :( :) :)

Alex,
Thanks for the kind words; come on, you know you want to bang out some 1/72nd scale stuff, think of how much easier it will be to paint 1/72nd scale tanks.........:)

George Fubar dose not realize that if he switches to 1/72 that you'll retaliate by going into your goodie vault and proceed to set up what you've got on hand with King and Counntry Plus.....Photos look great Warrior...The Lt.

I'm so weak. I like everything, all kinds of scales.I had two collections of 1/72 WW2 , and 15mm.All gone , long gone but I really still love the 1/72 and theres so much available nowdays.
I have too many projects to do anyway but Georges displays push me right to the edge of sanity.Okay, beyond and I been there a while but you know what I mEAN!
FubAr

Too cool for words George. What an amazing set up. Even my wife commented on how cool it looks as she passed the computer screen, the ultimate compliment.

Many of George's figures are by Battlefield Miniatures out of England. Their website is: www.battlefieldminiatures.co.uk

George is the US distributor for them.

I just ordered a batch of BF figs from him and am looking forward to painting them. They are cast metal.

Randy

Louis, anytime a woman praises toy soldiers is the highest complement one could get. My girlfriend loves the look of the displays too, who am I to argue with that.

Panda, I plan on doing a very large bocage layout with all the Last Valley bits I have in my collection soon..........

For those who like working at the 1/72nd scale, today I ran across a German Field Kitchen forthcoming from Preiser. I know how many of us love the Honour Bound field kitchens and food lines, so for those of us who work at 1/72nd this wil be a great addition. The Preiser is listed as HO (1/87th) scale but it probably would work ok in a diorama. Of course there is a huge selection of other Preiser figures to use with it.

I have attached a photo of the kitchen.

Randy

Attachments

• preiser.gif
    preiser.gif
    57.9 KB · Views: 57
Louis

Just think of what you could do at 1/72nd scale in the space of your museum. Imagine doing an entire RAF or USAAF airfield with planes, vehicles, buildings etc. I can just see those B-17s lined up and the commanding officer and staff standing on the control tower (available from Airfix in 1/72nd scale) waiting for take-off-a la Memphis Belle--the take off scene in that movie gives me chills everytime I see it. I taught an undergrad course at Syracuse U. on American pop culture during WWII and used to show that to my students. I liked to relate the flying formations to the big band ensembles of the era, esp. Glenn Miller. Andy should do a Miller figure and a model of the Norseman he disappeared in. I'm sure a lot of us Yanks would go for that. SU has the Margaret Bourke-White Collection and I had the thrill of going through all her WWII material including diaries. She was assigned to the 97th Bomb Group in England, the first B-17 group to flght against German installations in France. She later accompaned the group to North Africa where she flew on a bombing mission against the DAK base at El Aouina. One of the members of the group (whom I interviewed) was Paul Tibbetts--one of her comments about him in 1942 was that she thought that someday he would be a leader in HEAVY BOMBING!!

Randy

Randy,

I think the 1:72 scale stuff looks great, and would make for a some fantastic displays, but I am pretty much hooked on 1:30 and 1:32 stuff for the added detail. By the way, Frontline did Glen Miller's orchestra, its a great set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back