Novembers figure releases are here! (2 Viewers)

December is going to be a very expensive month I can see !{sm4}

Steve

Praise and ideas

Really love the kneeling firing figure(s), would like to see a very similar figure firing a Rifle and also Jungle version with tin lid and rifle, not so many smg's !
Hopefully some more crew for the 6 Pounder.
Also on the wish list:
PNG Native guides with their great fuzzy hair, Ammo, food, Stretcher bearers, even a few civvies tending pot etc. Also Malaya. Jap heavy MG.
Issue of more native huts.
More Jap Infantry and Mortar and Allied one with Tin lids also how about a Bren Gun Carrier for Allies !?
One last suggestion for now: Air dropped supplies with Collapsed 'chutes and or being recovered.

Steve

Re: Praise and ideas

Really love the kneeling firing figure(s), would like to see a very similar figure firing a Rifle and also Jungle version with tin lid and rifle, not so many smg's !
Hopefully some more crew for the 6 Pounder.
Also on the wish list:
PNG Native guides with their great fuzzy hair, Ammo, food, Stretcher bearers, even a few civvies tending pot etc. Also Malaya. Jap heavy MG.
Issue of more native huts.
More Jap Infantry and Mortar and Allied one with Tin lids also how about a Bren Gun Carrier for Allies !?
One last suggestion for now: Air dropped supplies with Collapsed 'chutes and or being recovered.

Steve

Thanks for the suggestions Steve, some of them we have already started like the one below which will be on show next Saturday, Japanese Woodpecker machine gun team:

045.jpg

046.jpg

047.jpg

Hope you enjoy!

Modelling looks really excellent !:salute::

Adding them to my wants list and then to my collection for sure !

Steve

Modelling looks really excellent !:salute::

Adding them to my wants list and then to my collection for sure !

Steve

I completely agree with Steve :eek: That set will be on my wish list. I love every single piece... Once again, I ought to say: well done! :smile2:

Cheers

Enrico

As well as this version will there be a B version wearing helmets ?

Also any chance that you will also release a C version with the Japanese Marine uniform ?

Fingers crossed there'll be a positive response to both questions !{sm4}

Steve

Also any chance that you will also release a C version with the Japanese Marine uniform ?

Steve

I couldn't agree more! :eek:

Cheers

Enrico

P.S.: I'm quite sure that we will an answer very soon!!!

Last edited:
Received the new Greeks today and they are really well done. Looking forward to their Persian
adversaries.
I wonder if our Ancient Greek experts would say we could use these Greeks for the Philip and Alexander
the Great era.

Steve

There is only this version planned at present I am afraid.

Best the Gunn Team

These guys below just missed the last release but will be available in December at the London show and also for sale in Decembers dispatches, we hope you enjoy them:

View attachment 222846

View attachment 222848

View attachment 222849

View attachment 222850

View attachment 222851

As you probably figured it out there is a jungle version for our RS series and a British Guards version suitable for European theatre of operations.

I expect it's already been noticed, but if not, the figure with the binoculars, the case for them wouldn't be shiny metal. Doesn't look standard webbing issue shape, so probably brown leather. Same on Machete.

On plus side great to see the figures without sweat rags.

Steve

Re: Praise and ideas

Very nice set! Nice to see the japanese machine gun. I saw it at the museum...

View attachment 222920

When you compare the original Poppo has taken a photo of and the TG sculpt you can appreciate what a truly great job they've done being that it has so much going on from the cooling fins to all the little mechanisms. Well done TG !:salute::

Steve

MED003; Frederick I (1122 – 10 June 1190), also known as Frederick Barbarossa, was the Holy Roman Emperor from 1155 until his death. He was elected King of Germany at Frankfurt on 4 March 1152 and crowned in Aachen on 9 March 1152. He became King of Italy in 1155 and was crowned Roman Emperor by Pope Adrian IV on 18 June 1155. Two years later, the term sacrum ("holy") first appeared in a document in connection with his Empire. He was later formally crowned King of Burgundy, at Arles on 30 June 1178. He was named Barbarossa by the northern Italian cities which he attempted to rule: Barbarossa means "red beard" in Italian; in German he was known as Kaiser Rotbart, which has the same meaning. Historians consider him among the Holy Roman Empire's greatest medieval emperors. He combined qualities that made him appear almost superhuman to his contemporaries: his longevity, his ambition, his extraordinary skills at organization, his battlefield acumen and his political perspicuity. Among his contributions to Central European society and culture include the reestablishment of the Corpus Juris Civilis, or the Roman rule of law, which counterbalanced the papal power that dominated the German states since the conclusion of the Investiture Controversy. Frederick died in 1190 in Asia Minor while leading an army on the Third Crusade in conjunction with Richard 1 and Philippe of France above. Our vignette depicts the 3 heads of state prior to the 3rd crusade perhaps reviewing their troops as they march past, or possibly discussing the campaign ahead.

View attachment 222411

View attachment 222412

View attachment 222413

View attachment 222414

All the above medieval figures are priced at $55/£45 and limited to 150 in number worldwide. We will be releasing some foot soldiers later on to accompany these figures.

That’s all for this month, we will hopefully have a small release of more figures early December plus some aircraft.

All the above figures will be on display at the London show and on our website www.tomgunn.co.uk in the very near future.
Best wishes The Team@Gunn

I had purchased these three figures in January, but had not taken them out of their boxes until this week. They are simply Amazing! Stunning min iatures at a VERY reasonable price. Would love to see more similar "royal" releases...

I had purchased these three figures in January, but had not taken them out of their boxes until this week. They are simply Amazing! Stunning min iatures at a VERY reasonable price. Would love to see more similar "royal" releases...

Thanks Eduardo, glad you like the figures. We have nearly sold out of these figures and the 2 new marching Crusaders virtually gone as well, hopefully enough left for those who are waiting to catch them before they sell out. The next 2 'Royal' figures for the medieval series will be here in November and feature 2 personalities from the 100 years war.
There will be more Crusaders coming end of the year or early 2019 including a catapult!

Best wishes
The Gunn Team

Re spartan Helmets

Any chance of using the traditional spartan helmet next spartan releases, great figures but would like to see this style of helmet if possible

spartan helmet.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back