"On the trail of SS accused Siert Bruins" (1 Viewer)

very true

somehow I feel "sorry" for those who committed war crime and "got away" for so long.....all these years I assume they had been "suffering" from the aftermath of the things they did; despite being physically "free", mentally they have been "prisoned and punished" by the memories.....without ever a good night sleep I imagine!

maybe that's even worse than those behind bars, at least for those, they already confront it, acknowledge it, and face it; thus mentally they might be more at peace!

Justice served has no expiration date !

Interesting read. I have some issues with trials that take place like these. Eye witness testimony is problematic at the best of times let alone after 70 plus years if, there is even witnesses alive now. An admission (sometimes not even that) that you were in the area or vicinity has seen a few tried who may or may not have actually committed a ''crime'' The ''moral'' and ''emotional'' issues sadly take centre stage which obfuscates what actually can or cannot be proven in a court of law

I have spoken with German veterans who have talked of actions they were involved with during the war including troops and officers who were with the Einsatzgruppen who don't have a mind racked with guilt. I think things like that are thought to make comprehension of what took place easier for those not involved. A great number of people I have spoken with and still do, see what they were doing as a defence of the Reich and German culture at that time no more no less.

It will be interesting following these events as they unfold further
Mitch

Justice served has no expiration date !

Indeed PA. If this man is found guilty of murder then hopefully he will breath his last in prison. Time is no excuse for murder, singular or mass. That's IF of course, if he's found not guilty then that has to be respected too.

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back