Ophelia (2 Viewers)

I poured the last layer sprinkled with embedded flowers and foliage. It has set nicely and this ordeal is now over. That's close to 250 ml of casting resin in this piece.

Now to finalise the foliage and then I'll work on the box.

a.jpg

She's looking nice, Victor ....

now it's time for the surround ???

John

Looks amazing, Victor!:salute:: I look forward to seeing her in one of your shadow box frames!

Hi Louis and John,

thank you for your kind comments and perseverance....:)

After some critical examination with the painting, I decided to pour on a final top layer and embed final flowers into it. The figure is almost fully submerged now as per the painting. I am also finalising the shadowbox with lights. This pic was taken at night under bright white lights. Now to work on the foliage above the waterline.

Rgds Victor

az.jpg

The final phase.

All foliage was completed. I trimmed off the water edge and fitted the piece within the shadow box, slightly angled forward. I have already installed a strip of LED lights at the top.

The frame was fitted onto the box with the cutout, which was burred slightly at the top corners to simulate the actual framed painting.

The piece can be seen, without lights and with lights.

I used bright white LED lights as the painting is very bright. The last two pics are a close up and a shot of the box with its LED wires and switch.

That's it for this piece. Hope you enjoyed this.

as.jpgas2.jpgas3.jpgas4.jpgas5.jpg

Victor,

you have done a marvelous job to bring this famous painting into miniature and into a 3-d format.

Thanks for showing us all the progress with step by step postings in this forum, I'm sure it will an inspiration for anyone else trying to do something similar.

Well done .... but what is next ???

John

Hi John,

Happy to share my learning journey. I really enjoy making miniatures and there are so many ways to represent human civilisation and art in miniature.
I guess that I am hitting my groove with this genre - translating classical art into 3D shadowboxes. The fun is to try to stick as closely to the original.

For this piece, I really experimented with using various techniques - polythene plastic, using artificial hair, casting resin, using a stone drill to burr out cardboard edges. I'm just pleased that it all came together.

What's next besides the numerous unfinished projects???

OK, here' s a teaser. 1/24 scale heads so far - Preiser and Tamiya. Just trying to use up my huge stock of spares.

Rgds Victor

a.jpg

Marvelous work Victor and something to be very proud of ! :salute:::salute:::salute::

Steve

Hi Steve, Louis and John,

Thanks for your generous remarks. I'm still learning the ropes.

Here's a little bit more on the teaser. So far, 4 talking heads....:D:D:D:D

Rgds Victor

aaa.jpg

Hi Steve, Louis and John,

Thanks for your generous remarks. I'm still learning the ropes.

Here's a little bit more on the teaser. So far, 4 talking heads....:D:D:D:D

Rgds Victor

NO luck so far ....... :(

John

More teasers. I've managed to work quite fast on this piece. Developed the forms even more, added arms.
It will be obvious soon, I think. Once you get it, I'll move it to its own thread.

aa5.jpgaa3.jpgaa4.jpg

More teasers. I've managed to work quite fast on this piece. Developed the forms even more, added arms.
It will be obvious soon, I think. Once you get it, I'll move it to its own thread.

A Roman Orgy ?????

Here is another WIP. Starting to refine the figures. One of them has an elaborate headdress......:)

aaa.jpg

Hi John,

Stymied, eh? :rolleyes:
Don't you think the old lady is a little bit too old for these wild shenanigans? hahaha.

I can't show you the other figure. It's too obvious.
But here's a little bit more progress overall.

Victor

ax.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back