ORIGINAL PRIMEMOVER AND 88mm (2 Viewers)

Tsherman

Private
How many primemovers and 88mm's were made back in the 90's and were they made out of wood or resin. Is the set that rare? I never see the set on ebay and many dealers are not aware of it. What did the set originally cost and what would it cost on ebay or purchased from a collector. Thanks!

Andy told me that he made about 12 of the original Prime Mover and 88mm, but only about six survived shipping. The pieces were made of resin and metal, and are highly detailed, but extremely delicate. I only know of three in circulation, the one I own, the one owned by Hans Hedrich, and a third, sold by dealer Bill Moore to someone (I don't know who). I purchased mine directly from Andy (Tony Ciccerillo of the Toy Soldier Gallery carried it back for me from Hong Kong in around 1997) and it cost $750. As to its present cost, I couldn't tell you, I am not aware of one being sold since the around 1999-2000, before the big price boom. If you want to see a photo of one, look at the shots of my collection on the Sager's Toy Soldiers website (I think I have it displayed on the Afrika Corps diorama, if my memory serves me.

Thank you for your reply. It is great to have someone who knows the history of K&C.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back