OTSN 2012 - William Hocker, Proprietor (1 Viewer)

I would vote for Durbar but I know when I ran into Pat in the halls (I think my concentration was lagging as I had been walking around for some time), he was besides himself with excitement and mentioned the set to me and said something like "do you know how rare this is?" Not being a Hocker collector, I, of course, had no idea.

I would vote for Durbar but I know when I ran into Pat in the halls (I think my concentration was lagging as I had been walking around for some time), he was besides himself with excitement and mentioned the set to me and said something like "do you know how rare this is?" Not being a Hocker collector, I, of course, had no idea.

It might be this. I think Pat also collects American West by Hocker

Set 230

Buffalo Bill's Wild West, London 1887
A display box containing sets 231 to 239 plus (in the color photo):
* Her Majesty Queen Victoria & Royal Party
* US Cavalryman with American Flag
* Settlers and Settler's Cabin
* A Scenic Backdrop for the Performance
100 pieces

(Out of production - no more boxes - but special items above, less scenic backdrop, may now be ordered as a set if sets 231 through 239 are also ordered)

Attachments

• WH230.jpg
    WH230.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 158
Thanks for posting those pics, Pat.
Mr. Hocker added two fine lines to his already impressive and beautiful offerings.
And I am looking forward to seeing the set you already have totally forgotten, when the end of this year comes around and all the Christmas presents are unwrapped :wink2:
Konrad

3 Guesses on Pat's Christmas Present--95, 100, 128 All of these are listed as N/A.

Since Pat is a Durbar collector I will go with 128. I know he has set 129 which would go with it.

It might be this. I think Pat also collects American West by Hocker

Set 230

Buffalo Bill's Wild West, London 1887
A display box containing sets 231 to 239 plus (in the color photo):
* Her Majesty Queen Victoria & Royal Party
* US Cavalryman with American Flag
* Settlers and Settler's Cabin
* A Scenic Backdrop for the Performance
100 pieces

(Out of production - no more boxes - but special items above, less scenic backdrop, may now be ordered as a set if sets 231 through 239 are also ordered)

Gentle Friends,

I have no earthly idea what you fellows are talking about. :rolleyes2::tongue::wink2:^&grin

Warmest personal regards,

Pat :)

Gentle Friends,

I have no earthly idea what you fellows are talking about. :rolleyes2::tongue::wink2:^&grin

Whatever the set we can't wait for Christmas to get here{sm4}

Whatever the set we can't wait for Christmas to get here{sm4}

Hi Randy,

YOU can't wait for Christmas? Try being me. ^&grin^&grin^&grin

Rest assured, when Christmas finally arrives, I will be posting photos of the item for which I have no memory. :wink2:

Gentle Friends,

In post #14 of this thread, I mentioned the fact that a special Hocker set had been acquired at OTSN which will constitute my Christmas present from my wife, Diane. Of course, I have no idea what the item might be, but I will find out soon enough when Christmas Day arrives. However,...

Much to my surprise, another special Hocker item was purchased by my wife at OTSN that constituted a present for another occasion. Let me explain...

I recently enjoyed my 70th birthday, which was nicely celebrated with my family. Since my wife knows how much I admire the work of William Hocker, she presented me with his American Revolutionary War set #184, Crossing the Delaware. And, I thought you might like to see it. Consequently, you will find a few photographs of the set below. Shortly, I will post another message with a few more photos of this wonderful set.

Mr. Hocker purposely produces sets that are in the spirit of the Britains toys of an earlier year. This set is no exception, as it possesses many toy-like attributes. If you notice a string attached to the bow of the boat and a wheel installed in the keel, you will recognize this set as a legitimate pull toy. In short, if you pull the boat across the floor, the wheel drives the men to row the boat. Neat, huh?

Before you view the photos below, you might want to know why I have placed the pictures of my birthday present in this thread which is devoted to the 2012 OTSN show. Well, my wife purchased the set at OTSN and it seemed only fitting to show one more William Hocker item that was purchased at show.

Enjoy! A few more photos to follow.

Warmest personal regards

Attachments

• Soldiers5666.jpg
    Soldiers5666.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 90
  • Soldiers5667.jpg
    Soldiers5667.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 88
  • Soldiers5668.jpg
    Soldiers5668.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 91
  • Soldiers5669.jpg
    Soldiers5669.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 90
  • Soldiers5670.jpg
    Soldiers5670.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 88
Gentle Friends,

A few more photos of my William Hocker Revolutionary War set #184, Crossing the Delaware. Enjoy!

Attachments

• Soldiers5671.jpg
    Soldiers5671.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 92
  • Soldiers5672.jpg
    Soldiers5672.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 89
  • Soldiers5673.jpg
    Soldiers5673.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 85
  • Soldiers5674.jpg
    Soldiers5674.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 87
  • Soldiers5676.jpg
    Soldiers5676.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 85
Gentle Friends,

And,...one final photo of the Hocker set of Crossing the Delaware. I hope you have enjoyed seeing this fine set of figures. I am thrilled to add them to my collection.

Attachments

• Soldiers5677.jpg
    Soldiers5677.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 95
Hi Pat,
congratulations, belated to your birthday :), and to this new set for your collection.
Mr. Hocker has the definite talent to combine the "Soldier" with the "Toy".
A most charming set and great addition to your collection.
Cheers!
Konrad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back