OTSN new guy (2 Viewers)

Indy

Private
Hi all
Fairly new to the hobby and to the forum (joined the forum in Feb) and the Chicago show looks great. I have never been but since I live in Indianapolis (hence the non creative handle "Indy"), and i used to live in Chicago, i may make the drive up.

My problem is I cannot make the weekend portion of the show, rather just during the week and probably either only Thur or Fri. Is there still a lot to do to see and purchase on those days? And what is the difference between those days and the more formal show day on Sun? Do you need to purchase tickets for earlier in the week?

I noticed a lot of people seem to come early so just trying to understand....sorry for the newby questions.

Cheers

Indy

Yes, there is a lot to see; you have the room trading that goes on all week, although the show really gets going on Thursday. You don't need tickets for that. Then, on Friday you have the Figarti event if they have one this year, which is free, and the customer appreciation dinner of Treefrog, Sierra & Troops of Time, who hold a dinner jointly for their customers Friday night. You should have a great time and we look forward to meeting you.

Brad

Hi all
Fairly new to the hobby and to the forum (joined the forum in Feb) and the Chicago show looks great. I have never been but since I live in Indianapolis (hence the non creative handle "Indy"), and i used to live in Chicago, i may make the drive up.

My problem is I cannot make the weekend portion of the show, rather just during the week and probably either only Thur or Fri. Is there still a lot to do to see and purchase on those days? And what is the difference between those days and the more formal show day on Sun? Do you need to purchase tickets for earlier in the week?

I noticed a lot of people seem to come early so just trying to understand....sorry for the newby questions.

Cheers

Indy

Absolutely worth coming for on Thursday and or Friday.. Plenty to do, see and purchase! I would say Friday would have the most dealers open for business. The 4th and 5th floors at the Hotel will have dozens of dealers' rooms open - think of small (and not so small) toy soldier shops. There is no admission to the Room Trading (which is what the days leading up to the show are called). The show on Sunday is held in ballrooms on the main and lower levels of the hotel.. Long rows of tables with dealers displaying and selling their wares... It's a great show - there will be some dealers there who do not set up for room trading...

If you can't make it for the show - a trip just for a day of room trading is well worth the trip from Indy..

Hope this short description is a help..

Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back