Painted X-Force British Light Infantry (1 Viewer)

Scott

Major
The X-Force figures have some issues with the coatee lace not mating the cuffs. There are no buttons on the cuffs and there are lace patterns all around the cuff which is incorrect. Unless you are painting them as a Guards regiment you don't need the plate on the knapsack and cartridge box. I painted them as the 43rd. The knapsack breast straps are molded under the cross belts which could be done and shows up in some modern illustrations. Poses are pretty good with the opportunity to make a variety of charging poses. Perhaps X-Force should have released a firing set of British to build a square and a separate advancing set. I bought the officer set but I'm disappointed that the officers have no gorgets and senior officers lack long coat tails. The horses are gawd-awful with terrible reins and bridles and it takes some X-acto knife work to carve away the saddle blanket to fit the riders.
I may get a few more sets of the Light Infantry but I'll carve away the extra details before assembling and painting.

IMG_2715s.jpgIMG_2735s.jpgIMG_2738s.jpg

These look great. very nicely painted. Victrix did some 54mm Napoleonic sets. Do you know if they are size compatible with the Expeditionary Force? If you haven’t seen them go to their website, they have a nice flagbear set and flag options.

These look great. very nicely painted. Victrix did some 54mm Napoleonic sets. Do you know if they are size compatible with the Expeditionary Force? If you haven’t seen them go to their website, they have a nice flagbear set and flag options.

While I have French figures (no brits) they are quite nice. They are larger than ex force but not so big that I wouldn’t mix them in with 54mm. I’ll try to send a pic with the comparison in a sec

But nice job, Scott! I wish I had remembered to carve my horses down before priming and painting because my empress dragoon’s dont fit as well as I’d like.

While I have French figures (no brits) they are quite nice. They are larger than ex force but not so big that I wouldn’t mix them in with 54mm. I’ll try to send a pic with the comparison in a sec

But nice job, Scott! I wish I had remembered to carve my horses down before priming and painting because my empress dragoon’s dont fit as well as I’d like.

Certainly not intended to distract from Scott's work, you may be able to pick out the Victrix figures alongside Hat Elites and AIP
Soldiers.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back