Panther 215 and Kruger? (1 Viewer)

I have found "Duel in the Mist" to be a great book, with incredible detail. While expensive (in the range of $110), it is worth it if one is a BoB fan. I have been awaiting further volumes as Duel was published in 2007. Patience is a virtue, or so I'm told.:rolleyes2: -- Al

I can tell you, after being in contact with one of the authors part II will be available around Christmas/New Year 2011/2012. Price not known.

I can tell you, after being in contact with one of the authors part II will be available around Christmas/New Year 2011/2012. Price not known.
Many thanks for the info, Peter. Welcome to the forum. That Panther is a spectacular piece of work. Congratulations on such creating such a work of art. -- Al

PETER:

That's a very impressive Panther. Is it a totally-customized, hand-built model or a customized existing model?

PETER:

That's a very impressive Panther. Is it a totally-customized, hand-built model or a customized existing model?

It"s a Tamiya tRC tank, but with a lot of aftermarket extra's in PE. It took me 4,5 years to build it, but I'm a slow builder :)

PETER:

I'll trade you my CS Panther #215 complete with Battle of the Bulge whitewash for your Panther #215. {sm4}

PETER:

I'll trade you my CS Panther #215 complete with Battle of the Bulge whitewash for your Panther #215. {sm4}

Altough it"s very attempting, I must decline your offer :p

Why did yoy gave the Panther a white wash? I don't think any German vehicle was white washed during the battle? The battle took place in the Ardennes forests and there was only a little bit of snow. The "Hinterhalt Tarnung" (Ambusch camouflage) was much more effective there.
Also I noticed the question regarding the mounted MG on the cupola. Well none carried it, because the offensive took place in extreme bad weather flying conditions (snow, fog), chosen by the Germans, because they lacked air superiority.
The MG mount altough was placed (like I did).
Before you ask, I'm from Belgium and extremely intrested in the BoB, or like I prefer to call it "Wacht am Rhein" {sm4, bin there a few dozen times already, but every time the surrounding overwhelmes me when I think on all who fought and died there...

PETER:

The CS Panther #215 came with whitewash so I had no choice.

Also, I bought an FOV StuG-Bastogne, 3rd Panzergrenadier Division recently, and it is in whitewash. Another collector showed me a photo of a StuG with the 3rd Panzergrenadier Division: Panzer-Abteilung 103 in whitewash that was one of 12 that got bogged down in the weather and were destroyed by US artillery. That StuG is the only photo I've seen of a whitewashed German vehicle in the Ardennes....so it matches the FOV model.

I searched the archives and didn't found a Uschaf. Krüger who died on 19th, 20th or 21st of December 1944. It always could be he died later in a hospital, but I doubt it.

Here is my impression of Krüger

P1030926.jpg

P1030927.jpg

P1030928.jpg

in position:

P1030929.jpg

P1030930.jpg

Wonderful Panther Peter, you must be tickled pink to have her. Thanks for sharing the pic's and im going to wipe the drool off my face now! ^&grin

Tom

Peter, Did you paint the figure yourself....as it appears so. Fantastic job. !!!! :wink2:

Peter, Did you paint the figure yourself....as it appears so. Fantastic job. !!!! :wink2:

thank you for the compliments. Yes I painted it myself. Use Vallejo paint, an acrylic paint with the characteristics of oil paint. So I like it a lot for painting figures.

Concerning Krüger, I tried to find him on the website of the "Volksbund Deutsche Kriegsgräberfürsorge" (German equivalent of the British Commonwealth Grave Commision), but didn't found him. this makes me think he must have survived this day, because the chances of being found or repatriated by his mates was quit big. But it is only a guess. Could ask the departement for German war history, but this would lead me to far I think :)

Here is the final version of the tank with its "Schürzen" (skirts).

P1030944.jpg

P1030945.jpg

P1030943.jpg

P1030946.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back