Pearl Harbour Range? (1 Viewer)

arnhem44mad

1st Lieutenant
Think we shall see a range of releases depicting December 7th 1941?

Would make for some really interesting possibilities!

Scott

Hey Scott,
Ya' I would be in favor for that range. Andy did the P40 Tomahawk (with Pilot) a little while ago. (AF041 I believe)
Of course, the JN series with the Zeros are focused on the Pearl Harbor attack.

Something that would be unique and very interesting would be the (Aftermath) of the attack with destroyed planes, wounded sailors, Marines and civilians. Add the nurses and doctors and you can have a tremendous (and emotional) display. I would venture a guess that our friend Enrico would be in favor of the "after-action" possibilities ... :p

I am really happy with the USMC series and that is keeping me very busy but I would never pass up a Pacific series

What do you have in mind ....? :rolleyes2:

Happy and safe New Year, Scott

--- LaRRy

Hey Scott,
Ya' I would be in favor for that range. Andy did the P40 Tomahawk (with Pilot) a little while ago. (AF041 I believe)
Of course, the JN series with the Zeros are focused on the Pearl Harbor attack.

Something that would be unique and very interesting would be the (Aftermath) of the attack with destroyed planes, wounded sailors, Marines and civilians. Add the nurses and doctors and you can have a tremendous (and emotional) display. I would venture a guess that our friend Enrico would be in favor of the "after-action" possibilities ... :p

I am really happy with the USMC series and that is keeping me very busy but I would never pass up a Pacific series

What do you have in mind ....? :rolleyes2:

Happy and safe New Year, Scott

--- LaRRy

Would love to see some wounded US Navy personel - in whites and blue denims with life jackets !

Would also like to see a twin Oerlikon Cannon Team defending with a base that means it could be placed on a shore defence position or on a model ship section. Maybe some men carrying ammo for the gun who are wounded, bloody bandages and ripped clothing.

Vehicles on fire with men running away! USN men carrying wounded comrades to safety.

USN with fire extinguishers, half body USN men floating in water waiting to be picked up!

And thank you mate! You too all the best for 2018!

Scott

I recalled Andy mentioned a "Kate" last year. Wonder if it will be released soon?

Rgds,Chris

A Pearl Harbor range is well under way with at least 5 aircraft directly related to PH.
JN001 - Zero AI-102 of the carrier Akagi, pilot Lt. Shindo
JN009 - Zero BII-124 of the carrier Hiryu
JN042 - Val dive bomber AI-205 of the carrier Akagi
JN046 - Zero EII-102 of the carrier Zuikaku, pilot PO1C Tetsuzo
AF041 - P-40B, pilot George Welch of the 47th Pursuit Squadron
All these aircraft are in colors as they appeared at Pearl Harbor. -- Al

It would be nice if K&C (as well as every other manufacturer) could make their aircraft's out of another material , even diecast, with wheels that can retract. That would make diorama possibilities endless.

It would be nice if K&C (as well as every other manufacturer) could make their aircraft's out of another material , even diecast, with wheels that can retract. That would make diorama possibilities endless.

Hi Michael,
Happy New Year from Bangkok!
Re your suggestions for alternative manufacturing materials for aircraft (such as diecast)...

Diecast models are indeed terrific if you are producing thousands of each item however the upfront tooling costs are humongous!

Here at K&C we are manufacturing in the hundreds not thousands and in order to keep costs to you and ourselves and our dealers at a reasonable level (at least we think they are reasonable) we will remain with our 'mixed media production' of resin, white metal, zinc and polystone.

As for 'retractable undercarriages'...Over the years I have had the opportunity to speak with many 'warbirds' collectors on this subject...By far the majority seem to prefer 'gear down'. Of course some would like the flexibility of 'up and down' however from my own experience as a collector and from my own collection of other excellent makes such as Hobby Master, Forces of Valor and occasionally even Corgi some of their models have difficulty standing and one half of the undercarriage invariably collapses.

So, K&C prefers the stability of fixed 'gear down' until further notice.
I don't expect everyone to agree but that's how I see it.

Best New Year wishes,
Andy.

A Pearl Harbor range is well under way with at least 5 aircraft directly related to PH.
JN001 - Zero AI-102 of the carrier Akagi, pilot Lt. Shindo
JN009 - Zero BII-124 of the carrier Hiryu
JN042 - Val dive bomber AI-205 of the carrier Akagi
JN046 - Zero EII-102 of the carrier Zuikaku, pilot PO1C Tetsuzo
AF041 - P-40B, pilot George Welch of the 47th Pursuit Squadron
All these aircraft are in colors as they appeared at Pearl Harbor. -- Al

That's the point I was driving at....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back