personality figures (1 Viewer)

vandilay

Sergeant Major
I know K and C has already covered some of these and their
can be legal dificulties using people names etc.
But i was just wondereing who you would like to
see in miniature.
I would love to see winston churchill smoking a cigar or
from a local perspective someone most people outside of NZ maybe havent heard of Captain Charles Upham [won the VC twice] www.nzedge.com/heroes/upham.html.

Last edited:
This is a BRAVE request! Just off the top of my head: Creighton Abrams, Leonard Cheshire (RAF); Douglas Bader (RAF); and Dick Winters. I am certain that in the next hour I could add a hundred more I would love!

...mind as well add his side-kick Nixon too from Band of Brothers & make it a set!

I can certainly agree with Richard Winters, either as a Lt. in Normandy or as a Battalion CO at Bastogne (these fit existing series). I'd also like to see Creighton Abrams (maybe in the Battle of the Bulge series?) with his M4A3 "Thunderbolt".

There were a few commanders' conferences that could be interesting in K&C, such as one with Eisenhower (SHAEF), Bradley (12th Army Group), Patton (Third Army), Hodges (First Army), Simpson (Ninth Army) with Walter Cronkite doing an interview.

Gary

I really like the personality figures. Anything WWII would be great, but a "few" suggestions:

1) Otto Skorenzy - shocked that he hasn't been done yet
2) Hess - maybe with the ME110 he flew to England
3) Martin Bormann - in the bunker '45 Berlin
4) Some Italians! Ciano or Italo Balbo
5) Yamamoto - dress whites
6) Paulus - Stalingrad
7) Von Manstein - a must
8) Eva Braun for something different
9) Von Arnim in Africa

I would like to see John Howard at Pegasus Bridge,"Up the ox and Bucks"! And how about Audie Murphy,am i right in saying he won fame at the Bulge?.

Rob

I really like the personality figures. Anything WWII would be great, but a "few" suggestions:

1) Otto Skorenzy - shocked that he hasn't been done yet
2) Hess - maybe with the ME110 he flew to England
3) Martin Bormann - in the bunker '45 Berlin
4) Some Italians! Ciano or Italo Balbo
5) Yamamoto - dress whites
6) Paulus - Stalingrad
7) Von Manstein - a must
8) Eva Braun for something different
9) Von Arnim in Africa

Excellent selections from the Axis side.
I've been asking for Skorzeny for years, both he and Von Armin need Storch's
Ray

Last edited:
some great ideas ,Vasily Grossman would be great for stalingrad.

How about some American revolution pieces like Prussian General Steuben who trained the Americans at Valley Forge.

I would like to see John Howard at Pegasus Bridge,"Up the ox and Bucks"! And how about Audie Murphy,am i right in saying he won fame at the Bulge?.Rob

Actually Murphy wasn't in the Ardennes campaign directly. He was with the 3rd Infantry Division (which K&C mistakenly marks their "DDay figures"). The 3rd Infantry Div was a Seventh Army outfit. The landed in Southern France and fought their way up to join the rest of the Allied front. The Seventh Army had to clear the Vosges Mountains. Audie Murphy's most famous action was near the town of Holzwihr in early 1945. His courage in breaking up a German counterattack won him the Congressional Medal of Honor.

I agree that a nice figure of Murphy as a Lt. would go nicely with the other 3rd Division figures that K&C has already done!

Gary

Actually Murphy wasn't in the Ardennes campaign directly. He was with the 3rd Infantry Division (which K&C mistakenly marks their "DDay figures"). The 3rd Infantry Div was a Seventh Army outfit. The landed in Southern France and fought their way up to join the rest of the Allied front. The Seventh Army had to clear the Vosges Mountains. Audie Murphy's most famous action was near the town of Holzwihr in early 1945. His courage in breaking up a German counterattack won him the Congressional Medal of Honor.

I agree that a nice figure of Murphy as a Lt. would go nicely with the other 3rd Division figures that K&C has already done!

Gary

Audie Murphy is one I would love to honored with a K&C Toy Soldier. He was an outstanding soldier. I think most people overlooked what he did in WWII because of the B grade westerns he stared in. He was killed in his plane when it crashed near Crossville, TN in the late 60's.

The 506 Easy Co. Band of Brothers gets my vote. There are some still with us, anyway that their deeds can be passed on along with all WWII vet should be done by some company

How about the mess steward who manned a gun during the Pearl Harbor Attack? That would be great and unusual. You good use one of the guns of an LST. It could be done. Get a guy in whites and an apron. Very cool!:)

Just had a flash! What about the Last Samurai? Lots of Color and Detail. Plus a great movie for a gifted moron. Gatling guns ,Arty, and bows and arrows. "This is a very good death!"

How about the mess steward who manned a gun during the Pearl Harbor Attack? That would be great and unusual. You good use one of the guns of an LST. It could be done. Get a guy in whites and an apron. Very cool!:)

The famous person was named Dorie Miller, he was a black mess steward on one of the battleships. In the segregated military of the 1940s he was probably the only black man to fire a shot at Pearl Harbor.

I would like to see a whole Band of Brothers series! It would have all the familiar faces such as Guarnere, Lipton, Spears, Nixon, Winters, Liebgott, and a lot of other characters. I could set up like exact scenes from the movie. That would be so cool.:cool:

If "Band of Brothers" becomes a series, I would hope that the real guys and not the actors would be the models. Nothing against the actors, the real guys are the heros, not the actors.:)

The famous person was named Dorie Miller, he was a black mess steward on one of the battleships. In the segregated military of the 1940s he was probably the only black man to fire a shot at Pearl Harbor.

That is the guy! Do you use the fella from tora tora tora or Cuba Gooding jr. Or maybe even the real guy assuming there is a picture in an archive. Still doable and cool!

If "Band of Brothers" becomes a series, I would hope that the real guys and not the actors would be the models. Nothing against the actors, the real guys are the heros, not the actors.:)

Right you are.

I hAd at one time asked Andy to bring out an autograph limited edition sets and one of my suggestions was the band of brothers personalities, he let me know they as well as most the living legends of WWII are under personel service contracts with various agents and publishers and are unavailable at any reasonable cost.
Ray

Users who are viewing this thread

Back