Pics of Expeditionary Force Hussars (2 Viewers)

rahway

Staff Sergeant
The latest Ex-Force newsletter has some pictures that are not on their future release page. The British and French Hussars are coming in January.

image041.jpgimage040.jpgimage039.jpgimage038.jpgimage036.jpg

hi,

just assembled the British Hussars set of 5 mounted figures. The shabraque may hint at a period just prior to Waterloo 1812-14 as seen in illustrations from Pennisular War where the 15th and 18th Hussars wore it on the horse. By Waterloo one source says that it was used by officers only. Does anyone have a more definitive record.

I could trim the shabraques off and just leave the sheepskin and valise as the horse has a moulded basic saddle and cloth on its body so these could match up and I would then have the 1815 trooper saddlery.

Great sculptured figures and probably painting my set as the 18th with their white uniform facings and blue busby bag.

cheers
Dave

hi,

just assembled the British Hussars set of 5 mounted figures. The shabraque may hint at a period just prior to Waterloo 1812-14 as seen in illustrations from Pennisular War where the 15th and 18th Hussars wore it on the horse. By Waterloo one source says that it was used by officers only. Does anyone have a more definitive record.

I could trim the shabraques off and just leave the sheepskin and valise as the horse has a moulded basic saddle and cloth on its body so these could match up and I would then have the 1815 trooper saddlery.

Great sculptured figures and probably painting my set as the 18th with their white uniform facings and blue busby bag.

cheers
Dave

Can we get some close up pics please?

hi - I will post photos when completed. Making them as 18th Hussars 1812 Penninsular War period after viewing some period illustrations.

I need to assess them whether to add a haversack and water canteen to the troopers as I have some spares which would suffice, but then would need to add cross belts made from greenstuff.

I have already modified the busby bags to be flowing in the breeze as they charge - used greenstuff putty.

thanks
Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back