Pictures disappearing from post....???? (2 Viewers)

Larry Allen

2nd Lieutenant
In my K&C Thread ... Just American Revolution the last two days after a successful upload of photos a short time later they are gone.
In there place is a small <TAG> that is a greenish box with the "NAME" of the photo; the # of "VIEWS" and the "SIZE" [Linear Mode]

In another mode it is replace by either a black box with a "X" or the <TAG> saying Attachment. If you should click on Attachment is say "Invalid Link" contact the System ADMIN.

The pictures were present and could be viewed but when I can back later some were gone.
On post #354 all three are missing.
On post #356 only one of four are missing.

Interesting note. The post, immediately prior to the post with the missing photos I had to delete becasue of errors.
It never tols me a bad upload and all looked good for a while.
I am resizing the image and posting directly to the thread and NOT P.B any longer.

Help?^&confuse

larry

Could be a forum glitch or maybe something you did. At any rate, that is why I recommend using Smug Mug. You'd never have to worry about that issue.

Could be a forum glitch or maybe something you did. At any rate, that is why I recommend using Smug Mug. You'd never have to worry about that issue.

A Good point, Brad .... do you also see the missing pictures?

The problem <TAG> is slightly different if you use Google Chrome / Microsoft Edge or another Browser ... but in all the photos are still missing.

--- LaRRy

Yes, I did Larry. That has never happened to me. Hopefully, the TF software guru will be able to figure it out.

Yeah, it sounds like the forum's software isn't handling the link text correctly.

Most people are probably unaware of situations like this. I can take the same link URL from one of my photos and post it here, with no additional effort. If I post that same URL at Hyperscale, I have to pare away the URL tags and the image tags, or the pages there can't resolve the picture. If I just pare away the URL tags, their page software will show the photo, but with the image tags ("
") in front of and after the photo. And if I post the same URL at FineScaleModeling's forum, I have to pare away the URL tag but not the image tags. What happens there is that their page can retrieve the photo and show it, but then any text I type in after the link is rendered in bold. I have to remember it when I post in any of the forums I belong to.

Prost!
Brad

Yeah, it sounds like the forum's software isn't handling the link text correctly.

Most people are probably unaware of situations like this. I can take the same link URL from one of my photos and post it here, with no additional effort. If I post that same URL at Hyperscale, I have to pare away the URL tags and the image tags, or the pages there can't resolve the picture. If I just pare away the URL tags, their page software will show the photo, but with the image tags ("
") in front of and after the photo. And if I post the same URL at FineScaleModeling's forum, I have to pare away the URL tag but not the image tags. What happens there is that their page can retrieve the photo and show it, but then any text I type in after the link is rendered in bold. I have to remember it when I post in any of the forums I belong to.

Prost!
Brad

The thing that got me baffled is that they all uploaded fine, I saw them for an hour, maybe more.
Then when I went back to the thread to do a few more pictures ... they had vanished. {eek3}
Stranger is that the post #356 has four photos and only ONE (the front view) is missing .... Gremlins.

Also, I went to different computer to see if was something on my system and they were there for an instant ... when pooooooffff.

<NOTE:pooooooffff ... is a very technical term!>

Larry

Don't know, then. I'm messing around myself to see if I can link my photos at Facebook to other websites.

Prost!
Brad

I used both Chrome and Internet Explorer and can see them in both. What browser are you using?

I wonder...is there a chance that the folks who can't see it are Photobucket users and somehow it knows that?

Let's find the common theme for those who can't view the images. I talked to the mods and they can.

Just so we're on the same wavelength, it's post 354. I'm using an iPhone and can't view the photos.

I just tried it with Chrome and it shows as follows:

Attachment 216044
Attachment 216046
Attachment 216045

When you click on any of them, you receive the following message, "Invalid Attachment Specified."

Last edited:
Just tried with Internet Explorer on my PC and this is the result:

Name: RBET13.jpg Views: 7 Size: 622.7 KB

Name: RBET19.jpg Views: 7 Size: 839.3 KB

Name: RBET18.jpg Views: 7 Size: 665.3 KB

I forwarded all this to my forum guy so he can look into it. We've gone above my pay grade :)

Just tried with Internet Explorer on my PC and this is the result:

Name: RBET13.jpg Views: 7 Size: 622.7 KB

Name: RBET19.jpg Views: 7 Size: 839.3 KB

Name: RBET18.jpg Views: 7 Size: 665.3 KB

I see the same thing with Firefox 54.0.1.

These aren't 3rd-party linked images, they're attachments. The images in the other posts in the thread are attachments, too, but they're rendered successfully.

I'd be curious to try deleting those uploaded images and uploading new versions of them. I suspect that the files are corrupted somehow, and the page can't render them.

Prost!
Brad

A post-script...

Brad, I just saw your previous post where you noted seeing a message about invalid attachment. It's definitely an issue with those three files and how the page handles them.

Brad,

Considering that Larry has posted other images successfull, it wouldn't surprise me if those three images are corrupted, as you noted.

Brad

Capture.jpg

Here is my screen shot from one of the problem posts.

I use mainly Google Chrome and MS Edge I can not see the pictures in either of those

All the images were resized to fit the requirement using Paint.NET
The First Attempt had a successful download of the images but after I hit <Submit> the post had images that were "TINY" (3" x 2")???
I deleted the post (Figuring I did something wrong) and tried again.
They all downloaded fine and were showing correctly.
They were there for maybe 10 min or some and I exited the thread to take some more photos

When I went to post some additional post and write more of the story, I returned to the thread the 3 photos were gone .. as above shows.

Similar set of events with the four photos of the oddball BR22 figure ... EXCEPT THIS TIME only ONE photo is missing. The screen shows the same type of <TAG> box but no picture.

I am running Windows 10 on a Lenovo Laptop

But I checked it out on three different computers and all show the same error.

What other information do you folks need?

LaRRy

I used both Chrome and Internet Explorer and can see them in both. What browser are you using?

I wonder...is there a chance that the folks who can't see it are Photobucket users and somehow it knows that?

Yes, I did use Photobucket earlier ... until they told me to take my sand pail and rubber duckie and go away. :mad: :mad:
None of the last 30 or so photos I posted were EVER on P.B.

--- LaRRy

Hi Larry,

Not sure of the issue as I can see all the images with my phone and my computer. I use Firefox on the computer and they look fine. Like Peter mentioned he has asked the forum guy to check it out so please be patient.

Dave

If you are using Windows, do you have Microsoft Office Picture Manager. That will resize your photos. I hate to sound like a broken record but if you had Smug Mug, it would automatically resize the photos.

Hi Larry,

Not sure of the issue as I can see all the images with my phone and my computer. I use Firefox on the computer and they look fine. Like Peter mentioned he has asked the forum guy to check it out so please be patient.

Dave

Dave you are up early?
No issues, as I already reposed some and they appear fine. Still, I hold my breath each time I log on to see if they have vanished.

--- LaRRy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back