Pictures disappearing from post....???? (1 Viewer)

If you are using Windows, do you have Microsoft Office Picture Manager. That will resize your photos. I hate to sound like a broken record but if you had Smug Mug, it would automatically resize the photos.

Morning Brad,

I was going to try MS Office Picture Manager but the Paint. NET seems fast and easy for resizing. I looked at MSOPM and it appears very simple to do the same thing, so I might try that as an alternative.

Actually, for me, it is faster to just resize them on the laptop than having to upload the photos to P.B. and then wait around while P.B. took so much time to process. Smug Mug may be faster than P.B where P.B. is so large.

In addition, I do not need the the internet to do anything except <SUBMIT> the post to the thread using Paint or MSOPM. For me that is a benefit since living here in Maine the Internet access can be a bit of an issue during bad weather, which is 90% of the time. {sm2}

--- LaRRy

Larry,

I never cared for Paint, which is why I used the Manager for non iPhone photos. When using the iPhone I have an app for that. However, now that I use Smug Mug, it automatically resizes photos whether the photos are IPhone photos or not.

Brad

Morning Brad,

I was going to try MS Office Picture Manager but the Paint. NET seems fast and easy for resizing. I looked at MSOPM and it appears very simple to do the same thing, so I might try that as an alternative.

Actually, for me, it is faster to just resize them on the laptop than having to upload the photos to P.B. and then wait around while P.B. took so much time to process. Smug Mug may be faster than P.B where P.B. is so large.

In addition, I do not need the the internet to do anything except <SUBMIT> the post to the thread using Paint or MSOPM. For me that is a benefit since living here in Maine the Internet access can be a bit of an issue during bad weather, which is 90% of the time. {sm2}

--- LaRRy

Larry...I use paint to resize...and I love it...

This should now be fixed. You may need to clear your cache...but we should be good to go!

I've cleared my browser cache, but those three images in Larry's post 354 still don't resolve/load successfully. I still see them as "Name: (jpeg file name) Views: n Size: ###.# KB" I'm running Chrome 59 on Win7Pro SP2.

Anyone else see them now?

Prost!
Brad

Well .... ???? .... all of the pictures that I have posted since the ... GREAT VANISHING ... still are visible, so I guess their disappearance will remain a mystery .... just like Amelia and Navy Flight 19. {eek3}

--- LaRRy

Try uploading those three files again, Larry, as a test. If they show up the same way, then it's certain that it's the files. I suspect that it's the files, in any case, because all of your other photos display successfully.

Prost!
Brad

Try uploading those three files again, Larry, as a test. If they show up the same way, then it's certain that it's the files. I suspect that it's the files, in any case, because all of your other photos display successfully.

Prost!
Brad

Hey Brad, if you look at my thread ... "Just .. King an Country AWI" that is exactly what I did right after they disappeared .... and they have remained.
That is a strong indication that it was a hiccup in the T.F. Storage Server. I suspect that there was a issue at that moment of posting, since the first attempt at uploading the pictures resulted in a display of tiny photos. As you can see, I deleted that post and immediately re-posted the same photos.

All three photos were present and I went on my way. When I came back to add some more, I notice that the post was there but the photos had been replaced by a <TAG> or an error message (depending on the browser).

The exact same process occurred in the posting of the next four pictures of the unique AWI soldier, but this time only one of the photos vanished.

There is little doubt in my mind that the error occurred in the storage - linking of the pictures to the thread.

OR .... maybe I entered the TWILIGHT ZONE!

--- LaRRy

OK, I didn't realize that those were the same images in the next post in the thread.

Yeah, at this point, it looks like an isolated occurrence.

Prost!
Brad

If you have noticed pictures in your posts having recently disappeared, it's probably because of a new Photobucket policy. You can still store your photos on Photobucket but no longer can you link a picture on Photobucket to a 3rd party site like Treefrog. Unless you are willing to pay a $500 annual fee to Photobucket. So any posts you have made with photos coming from a Photobucket link have been blocked by Photobucket. Photobucket did this with no warning and it affects all pictures stored on Photobucket back to the beginning of time. How can you go back and replace the photos blocked from your posts by Photobucket ? You can either go back and find all your posts with pictures linked from Photobucket and replace them from a different NOT Photobucket source one at a time. Or you can pay Photobucket the $500 annual fee which is supposed to restore the missing photos.

What follows is my comment on how Photobucket introduced this new policy.

"#%*ki&#vbnc&*"

Terry

Last edited:
If you have noticed pictures in your posts having recently disappeared, it's probably because of a new Photobucket policy. You can still store your photos on Photobucket but no longer can you link a picture on Photobucket to a 3rd party site like Treefrog. Unless you are willing to pay a $500 annual fee to Photobucket. So any posts you have made with photos coming from a Photobucket link have been blocked by Photobucket. Photobucket did this with no warning and it affects all pictures stored on Photobucket back to the beginning of time. How can you go back and replace the photos blocked from your posts by Photobucket ? You can either go back and find all your posts with pictures linked from Photobucket and replace them from a different NOT Photobucket source one at a time. Or you can pay Photobucket the $500 annual fee which is supposed to restore the missing photos.

"#%*ki&#vbnc&*"

Terry
Happy Sunday Terry,
THAT is why I left P.B. I got the nasty gram telling me I had to pay or they were going to shut me down.

The photos that I am referring to in this post are ones that directly were uploaded into my "K&C ... Just American Revolution" thread from my laptop. Everything was going great and I had uploaded 50 or 60 photos directly to T.F. when one time the photos were there for a while and then vanished when I came back later. I suspect that it was a one-time hiccup in the OS storage and linking processes of the photos to the thread. I tried again and the new ones area still there .... at least a few hours ago ...{sm2}

I will add "this" to your comment on Photobucket ... %M@j%$*& !!!!!!

--- LaRRy

"#%*ki&#vbnc&*"

Terry

agreed Terry...some photos are priceless to some people...PB pulled a dirty trick and are holding these people hostage if they ever want to share their photos...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back