Placement of men on Ladder Set (1 Viewer)

sterjunkie

I recently bought the Crusaders "Ladder Set" (mk 026). As most of you probably know, it comes with 3 climbing men at arms. One is a swordsman, another is armed with a mace. Both of these figures fit the ladder well, solid and stable.
My issue is the placement of the 3rd figure, an Axeman. The Axemans hand seems like its in the wrong position, almost like he wants to grab the outside edge of the ladder.
I quickly shot over to the KC website to see how they had the figures displayed. They show the axeman as the middle guy, roughly centered about halfway up the ladder.
I went back to my display case and attempted to place the figure as shown. No way, the slightest nudge would be enough to send him sprawling. His raised knee and hand angle prevent me from getting a good fit. I can sort of hang him off the side of the ladder, but, that also is quite unstable.
The ladder is positioned with the rungs on the outer (Upper) surface as shown. I even tried turning the ladder with the other end up, but that doesn't seem to matter.
No doubt, i could use small handitack putty balls on his hand and foot to help stablize him, but I hesitate to use it on painted surfaces.
Is there a "Sweet Spot" where he fits better???
I don't have the "SiegeTower" yet and would like to display them on the ladder they came with....Is he more stable on the siegetower?? I know the ladder is different.
Anyone else have this issue??? How do you guys have this figure positioned??

I had the same issue - then I used the sticky yellow clay to hold figures down - can't remember the brand name - just a little bit in his hands and no problems.

You should try that it works with several of my Tank Riders and other K&C figures in my displays.

Thankyou all for what I have found to be a very helpful posting. My Crusader Ladder set should arrive in todays mail and I am sure I would have had the same concern. Now I know how to resolve the issue. I will be contacting Treefrog for some of that tacky wax. Thanks again - another great example of how helpful this forum can be.

Mike

Thanks again to all above for the info. I just finished talking to Mandy at Treefrog and ordered the Bard's Tacky Wax. I also ended up ordering 2 more Crusaders and the K&C Oasis Well. And here I thought the tacky wax wouldn't be very expensive - LOL

Mike

Got to watch out when calling a dealer with only one thing in mind ! :eek:

It never ends up as a single purchase !! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back