Plan on attending the 2015 Texas Show (1 Viewer)

Deitz

Command Sergeant Major
I know it is early but what is the best day to arrive for the show? In the past there have been dinners or get togethers on the Friday and Saturday before the show will there be any this year?

Thanks,
Brian

I know it is early but what is the best day to arrive for the show? In the past there have been dinners or get togethers on the Friday and Saturday before the show will there be any this year?

Thanks,
Brian

Brian...I have gone to the last 6-7 shows...they are getting bigger and better every year...Andy and KingsX have really put a huge effort into promoting it...I usually get there on Friday afternoon...and never feel rushed to attend the KingsX party, the show and the Symposium dinner...I usually leave on Sunday afternoon....I'm sure KingsX/Amber/Andy is working on obtaining a special rate for Show guests...I would definitely recommend taking advantage of it...it has been a fantastic deal in the past...I have no inside intel on the functions you asked about....but I can't imagine they would tamper with the success they have had on dinners and get togethers...looking forward to seeing you there...

Brian...I have gone to the last 6-7 shows...they are getting bigger and better every year...Andy and KingsX have really put a huge effort into promoting it...I usually get there on Friday afternoon...and never feel rushed to attend the KingsX party, the show and the Symposium dinner...I usually leave on Sunday afternoon....I'm sure KingsX/Amber/Andy is working on obtaining a special rate for Show guests...I would definitely recommend taking advantage of it...it has been a fantastic deal in the past...I have no inside intel on the functions you asked about....but I can't imagine they would tamper with the success they have had on dinners and get togethers...looking forward to seeing you there...

Thanks, Mike, I look forward to attending the show this. Have not been to San Antonio for about 7 years. I really liked the River walk area. I look forward to meeting all of the Texas collectors.

Brian

Thanks,
Brian

Brian, There should be the Friday evening Pre-show party around 5:30 PM in the Menger Hotel next to the KingsX shop. Saturday evening at
7 PM is the dinner also held at the Menger. Like Mike mentioned the show has gotten bigger every year for the last 3 years since
Andy & KingsX took over. Looks like we will see you there !

Wayne

Booked a room at the Menger Friday (arrive) through Monday (leave).

Looking forward to my trip to San Antonio, it has been 7 years since my last visit to San Antonio.

Brian

Thanks,
Brian

Howdy Brian!

So glad to hear you'll be joining us this year!

As Mike mentioned we have a Friday night mixer at Kings X usually at about 5:30.
Friday night serves as our Texas Show Kick-Off for collectors and dealers. Not to be missed, its always a good time.
Afterwards collectors usually make their own plans for dinner on the beautiful riverwalk. You might find Mike Miller at Mad Dogs!{sm4}

Saturday night at 7pm is our dinner symposium which features the Menger Hotel's delicious enchilada fiesta buffet.
Every year there is special guest speaker...which I cannot announce until May. Tickets for the dinner go on sale in April.

If you have any questions or could use some advice on what to see while in San Antonio, please contact me at (210) 577-0940 or amber@kingsx.com

Happy Collecting,

Amber Garcia
Manager
Kings X Toy Soldiers
Texas Toy Soldier Show

Booked a room at the Menger Friday (arrive) through Monday (leave).

Looking forward to my trip to San Antonio, it has been 7 years since my last visit to San Antonio.

Brian

Brian...

I have not seen Amber or KingsX announce the usually fantastic room rate deal that they get us for the show...

did you receive a very special promotion when you booked?

you're staying 3 nights...correct?

I think last year we paid a discounted $125 per night...tax included...which is usually about 18% for hotel tax...(savings of $60-$70 for 3 days)...

free valet parking...which I believe is an extra $25 per day (savings of $75 for 3 days)...

double occupancy free breakfast buffet...2 per room per day...(savings of another $90 for 3 days)...

if you have booked them...I hope you got the promotional rate for the show attendees...if you didn't...you may want to cancel and wait for Amber to announce the special rate...

I know you said you were there 7 years ago...and I don't know your relationship status...but San Antonio is a fantastic place to take a wife...or a girlfriend...

not sure if you have ever stayed at the Menger...in which KingsX is conveniently located on the ground floor...but if your significant other is not into hanging out with you at the toy soldier show...there is a ton to do in that city...not to mention the largest retail mall (River Center) in the city is 30 steps walking distance (literally) from the side exit of the hotel...

Howdy Brian!

So glad to hear you'll be joining us this year!

As Mike mentioned we have a Friday night mixer at Kings X usually at about 5:30.
Friday night serves as our Texas Show Kick-Off for collectors and dealers. Not to be missed, its always a good time.
Afterwards collectors usually make their own plans for dinner on the beautiful riverwalk. You might find Mike Miller at Mad Dogs!{sm4}

Saturday night at 7pm is our dinner symposium which features the Menger Hotel's delicious enchilada fiesta buffet.
Every year there is special guest speaker...which I cannot announce until May. Tickets for the dinner go on sale in April.

If you have any questions or could use some advice on what to see while in San Antonio, please contact me at (210) 577-0940 or amber@kingsx.com

Happy Collecting,

Amber Garcia
Manager
Kings X Toy Soldiers
Texas Toy Soldier Show

Amber...

as always...looking forward to seeing you and your new displays in KingsX...

when might you announce the show formally and disclose the show attendee hotel package for this year...

Mike

Sorry for the small delay my friend!

Just put up a new thread with details that we nailed down as of now.

Have a great weekend, enjoy the beautiful weather while it lasts!

Amber:salute::

Amber...

as always...looking forward to seeing you and your new displays in KingsX...

when might you announce the show formally and disclose the show attendee hotel package for this year...

Mike

Sorry for the small delay my friend!

Just put up a new thread with details that we nailed down as of now.

Have a great weekend, enjoy the beautiful weather while it lasts!

Amber:salute::

thanks Amber...

I am looking at it right now...

and what beautiful weather...it's friggin cold here...for Galveston I mean...^&grin

I will be there and like many posts have mentioned this show has gotten better and better over the years. Last year was incredible.

The weather is pleasant that time of year, it is not quite as hot as June/July/August and it is definitely shorts and t-shirt weather, even at night.

Brian,

Make no mistake about the show...it is awesome! I have heard a few rumors though about the TTSS 2015 events and here is a list:

-Mike Miller will be roasting corn and a pig in front of the Menger. Apparently, he will be selling plates for 10 bucks...no drink included.

-Both "Panzer Aces" on this forum are going to drive there restored Panzer's to show for the 1st Annual TTSS "Tank Show" and park them in front of the Menger.

-ZB Lang has threatened to "Come down there to Texaas and straighten everyone out" a la Mass-a-chew-sets style, Boston accent and all.

-Jazzieum has also vowed to come down to be the "International Toy Show Monitor" and make sure nobody is getting taken advantage of by any Texans.

-I think Brett is coming from Australia in full Australian Light Infantry Regalia. Yup, shorts and all and I think he requires a band playing upon his entrance.

-George from the Bronx has rented a table to reveal his new line of "Mobsters in Miniature" line. He has to kick back 20% of the sales to the 5 families though...or else.

That is all I have heard for now, but it is only January.

John from Texas

PS: The above is a joke/parody/comic relief.

-George from the Bronx has rented a table to reveal his new line of "Mobsters in Miniature" line. He has to kick back 20% of the sales to the 5 families though...or else.

Not sure if you mean me or another George from the forum; if it's me, I'm not from New York, I'm from Massachusetts, or Mass-a-chew-setts as you refer to it as, not really sure what that means actually, is it from some movie I missed?

Me and Zack will be happy to attend and show ya'll how we roll, but only as a duo, I don't fly solo.

Brian,

Make no mistake about the show...it is awesome! I have heard a few rumors though about the TTSS 2015 events and here is a list:

-Mike Miller will be roasting corn and a pig in front of the Menger. Apparently, he will be selling plates for 10 bucks...no drink included.

-Both "Panzer Aces" on this forum are going to drive there restored Panzer's to show for the 1st Annual TTSS "Tank Show" and park them in front of the Menger.

-ZB Lang has threatened to "Come down there to Texaas and straighten everyone out" a la Mass-a-chew-sets style, Boston accent and all.

-Jazzieum has also vowed to come down to be the "International Toy Show Monitor" and make sure nobody is getting taken advantage of by any Texans.

-I think Brett is coming from Australia in full Australian Light Infantry Regalia. Yup, shorts and all and I think he requires a band playing upon his entrance.

That is all I have heard for now, but it is only January.

John from Texas

PS: The above is a joke/parody/comic relief.

ribs...corn and a drink for $10...I can't do that...

Not sure if you mean me or another George from the forum; if it's me, I'm not from New York, I'm from Massachusetts, or Mass-a-chew-setts as you refer to it as, not really sure what that means actually, is it from some movie I missed?

Me and Zack will be happy to attend and show ya'll how we roll, but only as a duo, I don't fly solo.

you should come...bring your new Cold Steel figures...

George

YES thats right George I forgot your from Mass-a-chew-sets too! Naw, "Mass-a-chew-sets" is how I first learned learned how to spell the State when I was a kid, it is also how I pronounced it. I have since been edjimicated on the subject, but uhhh if you ask a fellow Hispano from down south to pronounce it...it comes out just like "Masa-a-shew-sits". You guys get the better version from me.

So, ZB is a lawyer and a bodyguard? Man, I hope you can come as we would have a good time!!!

John from Texas

McKenna will be there, with KGB in tow.

I'm going to get really drunk and tell everyone what I think of them.

Here's to making friends already.

Keep it silly

McKenna will be there, with KGB in tow.

I'm going to get really drunk and tell everyone what I think of them.

Here's to making friends already.

Keep it silly

Chris...

I'm glad you're coming...we'll have a drink together...first ones on me...

Lads,

The wife and I will be attending this show again this year. We're driving in on Friday and out on Monday; staying at the Menger. King's X hosted a great show last year, and did a lot to convince my wife to come to Chicago and back again to San Antonio this year.

ATW!
Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

Back