Plastic Napoleonic Battle (1 Viewer)

Colebraden2011

Private 1st Class
Didn't get all the figures out this time but space was limited (You can possibly tell I had to demolish my girlfriend's living room that she graciously let me borrow when she was out of town) Maybe I'll rent out a warehouse one day to get all the figures, redoubts and a village set up. Around 1,500 here. Only a handful painted but slowly chugging along.
You may notice there are many a non-Napoleonic-fellow among the lads, i.e. Civil War, Rev War, Mexicans. I'm working on converting Civil War to Landwerh, Brit Grenadiers to Hungarian Grenadiers, and Mexicans to French line (much easier). I have made most of the buildings and terrain, save for the couple CTS and Conte pieces.
battle 1.JPG
battle 2.JPG
battle 3.JPG
battle 4.JPG
battle 5.JPG

Love it too!! The way to play with your toy soldiers! Love your town/buildings. I recognize the CTS building for the hougoumont farm. I always have been looking for a 1/32 scale La Hey Sainte farm too. There was one about 20 years ago but didn't jump at the chance and it is no longer being made.

Thanks, gentlemen.
Marxmaniac, La Hai Sainte wouldn't be tooo terribly hard to make 1/32 scale. Insulation boards for the courtyard walls, balsa wood, cereal box cardboard for shingles, and foam board for the buildings, although insulation boards probably work better and allow for more detail. I plan on doing my next few buildings with that. If you wanted an interior though...that's a completely different animal. Worth it though.
I've been thinking of taking some pictures of some of the stuff I've done so maybe I'll do that this evening.
Middleguard did some quick buildings out of foam board attached by magnets so you can break them down for storage.

Love it too!! The way to play with your toy soldiers! Love your town/buildings. I recognize the CTS building for the hougoumont farm. I always have been looking for a 1/32 scale La Hey Sainte farm too. There was one about 20 years ago but didn't jump at the chance and it is no longer being made.

I am Middleguard and I approve this battle scene. The non-Napoleonic fellows are not noticable at the distance you shot the pics from. They look close enough anyway and fill up the ranks.

Nice use of the limited space. The piled up dead are a fine effect, and again from a distance, the poses of the dead are not a distraction.

You have amassed quite a bit of cavalry and I understand what the epic undertaking it is to paint them up properly. Each toy soldier maker does the horses and equipment slighty different in style and size, making it hard to have a complete variety of cav poses by simply switching riders, or even paint them up looking the same.

Carry on with the conversions. The effort will be well worth the time.

If this wasn't all the figures and only about 1500, how many had to sit this one out?

Looking forward to those other pictures.

Does your girlfriend know what you do with the house while she is away? And do you really care if she does anyhow? Toy soldiers were made to be played with.

She was actually the one to suggest it and gave me the keys to her apartment! Milestone of our relationship haha.
I'd say I left out about 800. Most of my French line, Imperial Guard, about 250 Russian Grenadiers, "Austrian" (assorted tricorn hats) line.
The conversions are fun! I can't bear to get rid of non-Napoleonic figures so with a combination of greenstuff and paint, I'll make them look close enough to the real figures.
I have also been working on converting dutch and belgian line to Polish and they don't look half bad.
Anything big coming out on your end middleguard?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back